[LPF] Wreck Ashore

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien gives a quick glance towards Galandra, and then moves over to the port side to try to get a better look at what she might be firing at and a better angle to sling a bullet at whatever it may be.

[sblock=Turn Action]Move to S-16 on the map.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Cap, three people on a boat over here!" she warns the captain and her companions of the other threat. "I think Amien and I can handle these"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Maidel.png

Galandra
AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 19/22

Initiative: +2
Perception: +7/+9 vs Humans, Sense Motive: +2/+4 vs Humans,
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Masterwork Falchion +6 [2d4+4] 18-20
Dagger +5 [1d4+3] 19-20
+2STR Composite Longbow +4 [1d8+2] x3 (110ft)

Effects: Killer
Combat Feats: Power Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot

Conditions: None

In Hand: +2 STR Composite Longbow

Consumables: (18 Normal Arrows, 10 Masterwork Arrows, ), 4 days rations.

[/sblock]

Axios

First Post
Tirithon reacting quickly moves to the port side of the ship, bow still drawn and at the ready. "No need for the two of you to carry the fight."

[sblock=Action]Move to R13[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4, Senses: Perception +10, Low-light Vision
Current Effects: None
Move: 30'

HP: 10/10
AC: 16 (Touch 16, Flat-Footed 14)
CMB: +2, CMD: 18
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will +8

Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Arrows: 40/40 (common), 20/20 (blunt), 20/20 (cold iron)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
After the one of the rowing men takes an arrow in the back, you hear a female exclamation of "Oh Sh.t!" off the port bow. Amien and Tirithon arrive at the edge just in time to see an approaching rowboat with a woman waving her hands while two men row. The rowboat disappears in a fast forming cloud of fog. Just before it closes in, the twang of a crossbow from above is heard. "Umph" comes from the within the fog.

Back where everyone else was paying attention, the approaching ship dissolves in to wisps, leaving only two parrots circling just behind where the ghost ship was. Stroke! Stroke! ...... Fly! The parrots desert their ruse and head away from you as quick as their little wings can.

"Back he..." comes from Anya before it is cut off by "REVENGE SHALL BE MINE!" from an enraged dwarf. The marksman from the ballista seems to be a bit irate. Pulling the battleaxe from his back, he searches for the faces in front of him for a particular one. The other boarder, a massive half-orc, looks like he will sink his battle axe into anyone he can get to first.

[sblock=Combat]The party is up. The new fog on the rowboat is obscuring enough to block targeting unless you are within 5'. Within 5' still has a 20% miss chance.

??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 1 ~
??/?? ~ AC 19 ~ Captain IronJaw ~
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~ Anya
~ standing the wheel, non-combatant
22/22 ~ AC 18 ~ Galandra ~
..9/9..~ AC 15 ~ Dyre ~ non-combatant
10/10 ~ AC 17 ~Umralar ~ non-combatant
.8/11 ~ AC 20 ~ Parinon ~
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~Amien ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~Sailor 2 ~ in crows nest crossbow shot (1d20+4=23) crossbow bolt damage (1d8=1)
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 3 ~
10/10 ~ AC 16 ~Tirithon ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ First Mate ~

??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate Dwarf orange (ballista marksman) double move to get aboard quietly
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc green failed climb check
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc blue double move to get aboard quietly
-7/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 1 yellow ~ rowing
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 2 pink ~ rowing
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human female caster magenta~ cast a spell
[/sblock][sblock=map][/sblock]

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien has only seen magic in social classes above his own. He's also seen houses burn down because of it. He moves a bit closer, patting the brave sailor beside him on the way, "I was certainly willing to try." and then spins his sling to put momentum in his little metal bullet, and then flings it towards the offending caster.

[sblock=Turn Actions]Move to Q13 (thank you for moving me to the other side of the ship, btw, I clearly wasn't paying attention), Attack with Sling Bullet: 1d20+3=14, 1d4+3=7[/sblock]
[sblock=Ammo]Three sling bullets used so far.[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
"It's a trap!"

"Hey, you, keep an eye on that fog!" she calls at the sailor behind her (L14/15) pointing at the disappearing rowboat in the fog.

Galandra side steps and lets two arrows fly to the immediate danger, the enraged dwarf, (or whoever she has a clear shot of).

"Back he..." comes from Anya before it is cut off by "REVENGE SHALL BE MINE!" from an enraged dwarf.

"NOT IF I HAVE IT FIRST!" she shouts at the dwarf, not forgetting who almost killed her.

[sblock=Combat]5ft step to O14, full attack on the dwarf (if possible)
Composite Longbow 1d20+4=14, Quick shot 1d20+4=18
Damage1 1d8+2=5, Damage2 1d8+2=7 [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Amien's stone sails through the air and mist, only to be heard splashing into the ocean in the distance. Galandra's vengeance rings true as both arrows sink deep into the dwarf's chest. While the dwarf is still standing, he is teetering.

[sblock=Combat]
Parinon and Tirithon still have actions available. The new fog on the rowboat is obscuring enough to block targeting unless you are within 5'. Within 5' still has a 20% miss chance.

??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 1 ~
??/?? ~ AC 19 ~ Captain IronJaw ~
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~ Anya
22/22 ~ AC 18 ~ Galandra ~ hit twice with arrows
..9/9..~ AC 15 ~ Dyre ~ non-combatant
.8/11 ~ AC 20 ~ Parinon ~ may be AWOL also??
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~Amien ~ missed with the sling
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~Sailor 2 ~ in crows nest crossbow shot (1d20+4=23) crossbow bolt damage (1d8=1)
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 3 ~
10/10 ~ AC 16 ~Tirithon ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ First Mate ~

-12+/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate Dwarf orange (ballista marksman) double move to get aboard quietly
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc green failed climb check
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc blue double move to get aboard quietly
-7/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 1 yellow ~ rowing
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 2 pink ~ rowing
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human female caster magenta~ cast a spell
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
One of Tirithon's shots into the obscuring mist gets a reaction as a man yelps in pain, but the other is heard splashing
harmlessly.

A thunk is heard as the forward rowboat bounces against the side of the ship. The cloud is moving along with the rowboat, now pouring over the side of the ship and enveloping Galandra and the rescue boat. The men who were rowing try scrambling up the side of the ship, but with the thickening fog, you cannot tell if they made it or not. The dwarf spots his quarry and moves forward, but stubby legs make the going slow. The first mate, not knowing the dwarf intends to bypass him, draws his rapier and stabs. Unpracticed in combat for a long time now, the first mate misses the dwarf wildly.

At the rear of the ship, the first orc moves forward, down the stairs and swings his mighty battle axe at Amien who was playing with his little sling. Luckily, Amien ducks under the swing instead of its wrath. The other orc in the back finally gets a grip and climbs aboard the ship, ready to fight, even if a bit late. For his effort, a crossbow bolt comes raining down from above, sticking him in the shoulder.

[sblock=Galandra]The original ship off the starboard was an illusion. This fog is an illusion too. You made your will save. The others have not.[/sblock][sblock=Combat] Tirithon's shots Concealment first shot, >50% hits (1d100=61), Concealment 2nd shot, >50% hits (1d100=20)
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 1 ~ throw belay pin (1d20+3=10)
??/?? ~ AC 19 ~ Captain IronJaw ~ moves and draws rapier
15/15 ~ AC 15 ~ Anya
/22 ~ AC 18 ~ Galandra ~ ..
9/9
..~ AC 15 ~ Dyre ~ non-combatant
8/11 ~ AC 20 ~ Parinon ~ may be AWOL also??
/15 ~ AC 15 ~Amien ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~Sailor 2 ~ in crows nest crossbow shot at green pirate (1d20+4=18) damage (1d8=8)
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Sailor 3 ~ searching mist on starboard side for more boats
/10 ~ AC 16 ~Tirithon ~
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ First Mate ~ rapier thrust (1d20+4=8) at dwarf misses

-12+
/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate Dwarf orange (ballista marksman) double move towards Parinon
/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc green ~climb check (1d20+8=14) fails, second climb check (1d20+8=20) succeeds
??/?? ~ AC 14 ~ Pirate half-orc blue double moves to Tirithon to threaten the archer
/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 1 yellow ~ rowing ~ climb check (1d20+7=11) fails
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human male rower 2 pink ~ rowing ~ climb (1d20+7=12) fails
??/?? ~ AC ?? ~ Pirate human female caster magenta~ silent, hidden action

EDIT: Forgot to move Amien. Fixed map and retcon'd actions of blue orc to go after next available. (Tirithon)
[/sblock][sblock=map]
WA16.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I did want to move to Q13 last turn so I could be far enough that the blue orc couldn't move next to me. Am I missing something as to why I wasn't able to do that?[/sblock]

Remove ads