Milliseconds to Midnight (A modern, levelless, freeware tactical RPG)

deepshock

First Post
Over five years, I've made a tabletop gaming system from scratch: Milliseconds to Midnight. I spent a few years playtesting it and building on it with about 2 or 3 other people, and it's just about ready to go. I'm just interested in what GITP thinks of it.

The game is levelless, using experience points directly to build traits and techniques. It resolves checks via percentile dice, and the sample setting is basically "Twenty Minutes Into The Future." However, you aren't required to play it in such a setting. There is no official game canon.

This is the system in question.

Advanced Critique Encouraged.

deepshock

First Post
I like this.

A few questions:
a) what is a "unit"?
b) how do I create a character?

A unit is a character as represented on the field in battle. Character creation is in the CHARACTERS section of the PHB. The statwise part of creating a character involves setting your talents at 50, spending 50 points on raising them and choosing abilities, and then buying 20000 credits worth of gear. That these question came up means I doubt I did a good enough job laying the information out, but I'm glad you're liking what you see. You can also get extra creation points by lowering talents down as far as 25.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases