Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I understand and know these are tight times, it is just that 1% of 100,000 is 1,000. The backing is just seeing 0.3+% of membership, that is what I am finding sad.

It's only been a few days! 50 more have pledged since you made that post, and we have 24 more days to go. I'm finding it the exact opposite to you - I'm finding it exciting and quite overwhelming!

Though if you are going to play with stats, registered users isn't the one to run with. Unique monthly visitors is - which is well over twice that number.

Mary_Crowell

First Post
Hiya! I guess I'll need to talk with you and at least 2 other folks about what kind of game to do. What do you normally play, and what do you have an interest in?

I usually play D&D 3.5, but I would be happy to play whatever system the majority of players wants to play. It's good to branch out! :)

MDK

First Post
Hi; I understand OGRE isn't available right now, but is there any place I can find a few good axamples of how to program my own tables in there? I used to write lots of tables for a similar program called Tablesmith (back when it was still simple enough for noobs like me), and they're still sitting in a corner of a hard drive somewhere.
Since I'm appearantly getting the OGRE App for free on my ipad in a while, I'm curious if I should try and dig up my 10K Wild Surges table and all the rest of it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi; I understand OGRE isn't available right now, but is there any place I can find a few good axamples of how to program my own tables in there?

It uses a web interface where you fill in fields. So if you're creating a random table, there's a line of boxes down the left where you enter numbers, and a line down the right where you enter corresponding results. All designed to be as easy to use as possible.

The additional scripts haven't been written yet!

Since I'm appearantly getting the OGRE App for free on my ipad in a while,

Only if we hit £15000! :)

MDK

First Post
It uses a web interface where you fill in fields. So if you're creating a random table, there's a line of boxes down the left where you enter numbers, and a line down the right where you enter corresponding results. All designed to be as easy to use as possible.

The additional scripts haven't been written yet!

That's pretty easy yes :p
I do hope there'll be options for adding subtables though, it makes for much more versatility.
Like the colour table you mention on the kickstarter page: 6 entries for 6 colours (I'm missing at least 4 colours there already :p ); I'd want to have a colour table that can handle entries like 1: [coloursubtable] red, which causes the program to look up the subtable and add the options of (none), light, dark, deep, faded, bright, dirty, so I can get a result of red, faded red, or bright red.
Since you also say it can generate whole towns I'm sure such options will be included, which is why I was wondering on the difficulty: I'm pretty good at inventing tables, actually programming them is a different kettle of fish :)

Only if we hit £15000! :)

We're currently at just past 12500,-, with 23 days still to go; I *think* I don't need a crystal ball to savely predict we'll be getting that app :p
(btw, I'm new here so maybe it's an old feature, but I just LOVE that the forum auto-saves my reply regularly while I'm writing it!)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's pretty easy yes :p
I do hope there'll be options for adding subtables though, it makes for much more versatility.
Like the colour table you mention on the kickstarter page: 6 entries for 6 colours (I'm missing at least 4 colours there already :p ); I'd want to have a colour table that can handle entries like 1: [coloursubtable] red, which causes the program to look up the subtable and add the options of (none), light, dark, deep, faded, bright, dirty, so I can get a result of red, faded red, or bright red.

Yup, that's actually the whole point of it. Tables and generator can reference other tables and generators (your own or somebody else's).

The depth and complexity is only limited by what folks actually create with it!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any more news on additional Bolt-Ons?

Yes!

dice_ks.jpg

Slight problem - the minimum order for the blue/green set is 100 sets (so I'd need 100 guaranteed purchases) and the same for the black d20. I worry about adding the bolt on and only selling 20 of them, leaving me with the cost of 80 sets of dice; and they aren't cheap. I can't remember exactly without looking it up, but it was $20+ to make each blue/green set.

So I'm still thinking about that. I might just go with the black d20, because if I don't sell them I'm only out a few hundred instead of a few thousand!

It needs a "Kickstarter within the Kickstarter" where the cost of 100 sets is the initial goal! It's hard to do as bolt-ons.

MDK

First Post
Yup, that's actually the whole point of it. Tables and generator can reference other tables and generators (your own or somebody else's).

The depth and complexity is only limited by what folks actually create with it!

Cool, I'll go and dig up my tables, looking forward to using them again! :)

Remove ads