Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
ef856c0823a8f1f66134f4208821fb81_large.jpg

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've pledged. I'm not actually quite sure how much I've pledged... but I think the aussie dollar is strong enough it isn't at the 3:1 ratio (just checked... oh good, about 1.5:1).

Good luck, Morrus - I'm going to be fascinated to see how much this raises!

Cheers!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=3586]MerricB[/MENTION] - I do worry that the £ will discourage folks outside the UK (which is, to be fair, most people). I had no choice in that though - Kickstarter policy is that it has to be in the currency of the creator's location.

I think the stuff at each level is getting a little confusing, so I quickly whipped together this infographic for the £25 PDF reward level. It's a pretty sweet bundle!

059c3634360e4561d8e2d77c969c4cf0_large.jpg

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
[MENTION=3586]MerricB[/MENTION] - I do worry that the £ will discourage folks outside the UK (which is, to be fair, most people). I had no choice in that though - Kickstarter policy is that it has to be in the currency of the creator's location.

It's probably more of a barrier for those in the US than me, just because I'm faced with US/UK prices whenever I'm looking for interesting games. :)

Just a note: I *love* the current set-up of the news page. I'm actually checking it on a daily basis again.

Cheers!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It's probably more of a barrier for those in the US than me, just because I'm faced with US/UK prices whenever I'm looking for interesting games. :)

Just a note: I *love* the current set-up of the news page. I'm actually checking it on a daily basis again.

Cheers!

It wasn't much of a barrier. I'm pretty sure Kickstarter gave me an estimate of how much I was pledging in US currency when I filled in my payment info.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I'm hearing that a lot, and it's very encouraging to hear! What I don't think most people realise is that the forums are only about 10% of our traffic. The news page is the big hitter, where most of the traffic is. That's not to say the forums aren't important - they are, and they're without doubt where the solid core of the community is built. The trick with the news page, of course, is that the effort-reward ratio is so very clear. I spent much of last year trying various automated methods of handling the news, and I learned a lesson: people like it when I do it by hand! And *I* like it when I do it by hand! It's a lot more effort, but much more rewarding.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It wasn't much of a barrier. I'm pretty sure Kickstarter gave me an estimate of how much I was pledging in US currency when I filled in my payment info.

I was told by a couple of people that that's not so much the barrier - most folks aren't scared of currencies, and it doesn't slow them. The barrier is that the mechanism is different. For US projects, it uses your (very likely) existing Amazon account, and is very quick. For UK based projects, it asks for a bunch of card information instead -- and *that's* not a hurdle, but it can slow people down and make them say "Oh, crap, I'll do it tomorrow".

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
@MerricB - I do worry that the £ will discourage folks outside the UK (which is, to be fair, most people). I had no choice in that though - Kickstarter policy is that it has to be in the currency of the creator's location.

I think the stuff at each level is getting a little confusing, so I quickly whipped together this infographic for the £25 PDF reward level. It's a pretty sweet bundle!

059c3634360e4561d8e2d77c969c4cf0_large.jpg
...Okay, you've convinced me. I'm bumping up my pledge from the £10 to the £25 level. :D

This may not be the highest funded RPG related KS, but will it be the highest percentage funded? 1100% is a ridiculous percentage with many days to go, woo hoo!

EDIT: 1400%! :p

Last edited:

Remove ads