ZEITGEIST Question about starting Zeitgeist

hirou

Explorer
While we're at it, could you elaborate
the "extra" vision for Vekeshi mistique? The one with dog-headed healer of Srasama.

Adventure nine, climax, stars fall from the sky. One strikes the building the PCs are fighting Stanfield in, demolishes it, and remains as a glowing ember on the ground. Stanfield reincarnates as a rakshasa, taunts party, and is seemingly invulnerable because magic isn't working right. But you can kill him with the falling star.

It's a dog-faced god because some gods just have dog faces.

jacktannery

Explorer
While we are on the subject: What about this one from Cauldron Hill (adv 2)

You sit in a field of grass, the night sky overhead, the planets hanging huge and low. Breeze whips the grass across your skin, and a tiger stalks you, somewhere out in the dark. A light flares overhead, an old blue star called Mishados, and it begins to drift downward. Not to the horizon, but toward the earth. Then other stars rattle, like grains of sand shaken loose from a wet glass, and their descent turns to a plummet, turns to a streaking rain of light. They fall in all directions, but you know where Mishados will fall, and you know you must catch it.

By the way in Digging for Lies now and loving every second. Thank you so much!

Elfshire

First Post
Two more questions since we're on the topic of mystical divinations:

1) Why does Nevard's vision refer to Luc as "a trumpeter"? I don't get the connection/symbolism.

2) In chapter 5, Ekossigan's poem is a bit vague, correct me if I wander astray in my interpretation:

When spring returns to winter,
> Okay, Ekossigan's coming. It's going to snow.

The cauldron births a spark.
> Cauldron Hill releases Borne.

The steel betrays the vintner,
> Borne attacks one of its creators, Leone, who enjoys wine as showcased in Chapter 2.

The silver spuns the arc.
> No idea on this one. Best guess is it's a clever turn of phrase for "things don't go as planned," a reference to the silver arc of Reida. Unclear if this would be a common euphemism in Risur/Lanjyr, or if Ekossigan made it up off the top of his head.

The fire-bride's dissension: / Dismissed by green-adorned.
> King Aodhan (who wears green) is largely ignoring his fiance Lya's involvement in the conspiracy in the aim of making sure the peace talks go well. After all, just because she's into something sketchy doesn't mean all of Danor is.

The wheel-woven dead man
> Grappa, who is currently inhabiting a golem body made of cogs and gears.

Shall wake the cauldron-born.
> Borne's emergence is triggered by Grappa's arrival in the Bleak Gate facility.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
> King Aodhan (who wears green) is largely ignoring his fiance Lya's involvement in the conspiracy in the aim of making sure the peace talks go well. After all, just because she's into something sketchy doesn't mean all of Danor is..

I read that as referring to Kasvarina (bride of the fiery Asrabey) dissenting from the Ob, but the Ekossigan's band of green-adorned faeriefolk not caring and making their own attack plans.

but I could see yours as well...

Two more questions since we're on the topic of mystical divinations:

1) Why does Nevard's vision refer to Luc as "a trumpeter"? I don't get the connection/symbolism.

That's not Luc. It's Nicodemus, a charismatic speaker. He gets on stage in act 8 and lights a lantern that makes everyone loyal. (Then he tries to kill them.)

2) In chapter 5, Ekossigan's poem is a bit vague, correct me if I wander astray in my interpretation:

When spring returns to winter,
The cauldron births a spark.
The steel betrays the vintner,
The silver spuns the arc.

> No idea on this one. Best guess is it's a clever turn of phrase for "things don't go as planned," a reference to the silver arc of Reida. Unclear if this would be a common euphemism in Risur/Lanjyr, or if Ekossigan made it up off the top of his head.

It's the sliver spurns the arc, but basically yes, it's a reference to Reida's lost arc, and how it's a symbol for unpredictability.

The wheel-woven dead man / Shall wake the cauldron-born.

Yeah, that's all spot on.

Arcaneshield

Explorer
Hi guys, I've noticed a lot of you running the adventure, and that's awesome. I'm on adventure 1 and I'm having difficulty deciphering the Coaltongue map. Namely, how does someone get from the 3rd floor to the boiler room? There are clearly marked 'up/down' stairs for each of the floors except the last two, the third only having 'up', not 'down'.

Remove ads