Veronica Mars Movie Project Kickstarter

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
Well that didn't last long. Torment: Tides of Numenera, which broke the record last week for fastest kickstarter project ever to reach $1 million, got it's record broken today by little ole Kristen Bell.

The Veronica Mars movie project hit $1 million in under 5 hours and reached its funding goal of $2 million in 12 hours. If you never watched this smart, witty, and all around awesome TV show, which was unjustly canceled 6 years ago, go find the dvd's, you wont regret it, and throw a few bucks at them for the movie while you're at it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Veronica Mars I think was the best first season of any TV show I've seen. But the second and third seasons went downhill and I can understand why it was canceled. I did like the idea for the spinnoff that took place years later and had Veronica in the FBI.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've never seen this show, but it does sound like a Firefly one might be feasible then. Thing is, I'd rather see a new Firefly series than a movie. A movie's over too quick!
!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Was that the show where the super-smart teenager was smarter than any adult in town, trying to find her mom while her father was the former sheriff who lost his job due to insane idiocy, and now working as a PI with the daughter doing most of the legwork?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Was that the show where the super-smart teenager was smarter than any adult in town, trying to find her mom while her father was the former sheriff who lost his job due to insane idiocy, and now working as a PI with the daughter doing most of the legwork?
Replace insane idiocy with bad detective work, and you're on the money.

I really liked the show, but like Crothian said it started losing steam after the first season.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Well, she was smarter than most of the adults - her father being the notable exception. And her father didn't lose his job by insane idiocy - it was plain old normal image-based politics.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Well, she was smarter than most of the adults - her father being the notable exception. And her father didn't lose his job by insane idiocy - it was plain old normal image-based politics.
No, it was bad detective work. He accused the wrong guy of murder, and the guy happened to have enough pull to get him fired. I wouldn't even call that abusing political power when it actually turned out to be justified.

Fast Learner

First Post
I was crazy-excited when I heard about it and had supported it in the first hour. Immediately ordered the DVDs of the series, too.

Such a great, great show.

Remove ads