Pathfinder 1E Catastrophe or Destruction domain

eurytion

First Post
I am making a cleric and I am unsure whether to take destruction or its subdomain catastrophe. I plan on making this a semi-tanking cleric and will fight using melee weapons. Can anyone offer their opinion on which domain would be better for this build.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
As a 'melee' cleric, the Destruction domain powers make more sense. But imo, the Catastrophe sub-domain has far more interesting benefits.

Ramaster

Adventurer
The replacement ability of the subdomain is much better IMHO than the destruction aura. However, if the party contains even 1 character that uses ranged weapons, then I would advise against it. You get call lightning or a very powerful debuff once per round (-8 to ranged attacks!) versus an aura that can even cause your death.

What's your other domain, if I might ask?

eurytion

First Post
The replacement ability of the subdomain is much better IMHO than the destruction aura. However, if the party contains even 1 character that uses ranged weapons, then I would advise against it. You get call lightning or a very powerful debuff once per round (-8 to ranged attacks!) versus an aura that can even cause your death.

What's your other domain, if I might ask?

yea I wouldn't be using destructive aura much if at all but rage ad disintagrate seem pretty nice. My other domain is dragon

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases