Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Who the heck is Thanos?

In short - A big badass cosmic threat. He worships death, and is a "I wanna destroy the Universe" kind of guy.

Not everybody followed Avengers comics, to know who every villain in the marvel universe is.

Corollary: it is impossible for them to pick any villain that *everyone* knows.

And the guy really does look like a purple Skrull.

You can tell the difference by the ears. Skrulls have big, pointy ears. Thanos doesn't.

In standard Marvel history - Thanos is actually an "Eternal". Five million years ago, an alien race known as the Celestials muddled in the development of life on many planets. On Earth, they muddled with proto-humanity to make us sentient, and created the Eternals (who were intended to be protectors of Earth) and the Deviants (who are kind of a side effect, and not happy about it). This same meddling left normal humans with the capacity for superpowers, leading to the supers-filled Earth of the comics.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Ain't Thanos a Titan and not an Eternal? Are Titans also Eternals? Cause it didn't look like the Eternals were Titans when Neil Gaiman did the reboot.

Janx

Hero
In short - A big badass cosmic threat. He worships death, and is a "I wanna destroy the Universe" kind of guy.

Corollary: it is impossible for them to pick any villain that *everyone* knows.

You can tell the difference by the ears. Skrulls have big, pointy ears. Thanos doesn't.

In standard Marvel history - Thanos is actually an "Eternal". Five million years ago, an alien race known as the Celestials muddled in the development of life on many planets. On Earth, they muddled with proto-humanity to make us sentient, and created the Eternals (who were intended to be protectors of Earth) and the Deviants (who are kind of a side effect, and not happy about it). This same meddling left normal humans with the capacity for superpowers, leading to the supers-filled Earth of the comics.

Thanks! That actually cleared it all up for me.

Fast Learner

First Post
Is it just me, or does the hacker girl they recruited seem an awful lot like eliza dushku?

We know Joss likes Eliza (Faith from Buffy, and whatsher name from Dollhouse), and Joss likes re-using his actors (Gunn from Angel was the Freak of the Week for this episode).

Obviously, it wasn't Eliza. But it seems as if he likes that look.
My gf (who's only seen a couple of seasons of Buffy) said, "Isn't that the 'dark' slayer woman from Buffy?", so it's definitely not just you.

HardcoreDandDGirl

First Post
Second episode was good, I will just say if any villains need a young woman to throw themselves at coleson to distract him, sign me up... :lol: I do like that sky is still a bit of a wildcard. What did everyone else think?

NewJeffCT

First Post
My gf (who's only seen a couple of seasons of Buffy) said, "Isn't that the 'dark' slayer woman from Buffy?", so it's definitely not just you.

Now that you mention it, they do look a bit alike:

Eliza-eliza-dushku-1360068-1500-1850.jpg

chloe-wang-marvel-sheild-cast.jpg

Heck, Summer Glau would fit right into that group as well.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My biggest complaint about the show is that Skye does not look like a hacker, nor does she look like someone who lives in a van. But, ComicBookGirl19 sums up that complaint better than I can (and much harsher than I'd be):

[video=youtube_share;9zEUJ4nbnz4]http://youtu.be/9zEUJ4nbnz4[/video]

NewJeffCT

First Post
I'd probably agree with comic book girl on Skye being dressed too nicely and being too well coiffed to be living out of a van. Pretty hacker I might buy, but I'd have preferred to see her a little scruffier to start - maybe cleaned up more as she goes through the season, better kept hair, etc.

Remove ads