ZEITGEIST First time running of Zeitgeist

Ajar

Explorer
al_fredo -- I may not have the Skyseer stuff in MapTool anymore, but one thing I do have is the rainbow room (and a bunch of other Lies stuff, as my PCs are currently in that adventure). I'd be happy to share it with you.

Edit: I actually have the entire ziggurat with vision blocking, fog of war, and light sources -- plus all of the traps placed in a hidden layer.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Again thanks for all the replies, this path sounds better and better the more I read about it!!
I'm glad that it plays to 4e as well as I really enjoy this system.

Another question (sorry!) It seems there are several areas of downtime within the path, is that correct? I ask because I have a player, who's real enjoyment comes from encountering (and usually fighting!) exotic monsters, now I was thinking of having the group act as sort of a monster hunting group and being sent out to deal with threats to the developing nation, do you think this could fit in with the tone/setting of this?

Again sorry if stuff like this is covered in later supplements, I'm only able to read the introductory stuff at the moment (I really need to upgrade my subscription!)

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
There is plenty of opportunity for downtime: Months pass between each adventure. I slow XP progression down, and often have level-ups occur just before the next adventure, instead of at the end.

'Bug-hunts' are perfect for RHC constables and very easy adventures to design. Just put a scary monster in the jungle! A rage drake is a nice challenge for a low level party if you tweak it a bit.

That reminds me: another thing to foreground that alters the flavour of this campaign is the tropical setting. That marks it out from other D&D campaigns I have run, but is something I often forget to add in as I go. Now I make notes to encourage me to add that tropical flavour. Tropical flavour married to early Victorian steam and gunpowder technology make for a very different experience indeed.

Remove ads