Affordable 3D Printer

Dioltach

Legend
I don't see what the big deal is with 3D printers. My old Canon can print every letter of the alphabet any number of times: 3 Ds, 4 Ts, 23 Ms, you name it.

Fetfreak

First Post
I somehow feel 3d printers will change the world. My friend actually things someone is gonna go after these guy because what 3d printing can actually do. If you think about it, with appropriate map/plans you can print anything you need and save the money. Why would you buy a new WoW figurine if you can print it at home, if anything I think 3d printing will make companies market only the best products, something people won't be able to replicate easily or won't match the original quality.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Guns seems the most popular :uhoh:
Printers that can print gun parts with materials that can withstand the heat cost so much that it's more cost effective to just.. buy the guns.

The people printing the parts are trying to make the case that government no longer controls their access to guns, which misses the point that some of the parts can't be reliably made that way. Not to mention that they produce guns that fall apart much much faster, are less accurate, and '3D-printed-gun maintenance" is an oxymoron. And I bet that every cop out there wishes that the people shooting back at them were using 3D printed guns instead of proper guns.

kitsune9

Adventurer
The next step is for someone to make materials that can be made into any color or a painting process into the machine. Right now, you can only add one or a couple of fillaments at the color the base material is and then you'll have to paint it yourself.

Printers that can print gun parts with materials that can withstand the heat cost so much that it's more cost effective to just.. buy the guns.

The people printing the parts are trying to make the case that government no longer controls their access to guns, which misses the point that some of the parts can't be reliably made that way. Not to mention that they produce guns that fall apart much much faster, are less accurate, and '3D-printed-gun maintenance" is an oxymoron. And I bet that every cop out there wishes that the people shooting back at them were using 3D printed guns instead of proper guns.
I know they're crap, it was (mostly) a joke. Outside of the US, tho, most people in the western world just cannot get hold of guns so any easily accessible firearms are bad.

Remove ads