Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Girion Valtar walked up to the tavern called "The Choking Swan," thinking that it would do him good to wash down the trail dust from his just-ended patrol. Inside, he sees a young, blond fellow wearing chainmail. The shield resting next to him bears the unicorn symbol of Ehlonna and his scimitar hangs from his belt in a well-worn and trail-stained scabbard. There is a Gnome wearing black leather armor beneath a flowing robe of midnight blue. A short sword is by his side. There is a Dwarf at the bar wearing chainmail that shines brilliantly, and a green-eyed Elf further down the bar wearing sturdy leathers with an ornately carved longsword hanging at his side. There is also a raucous Half-Orc at the bar, obviously unhappy about something (even more than the usual for his kind), and he is lodging a complaint of some sort with the bartender. A group of other Half-Orcs is cheering him on from a table in a back corner. The two loudest at the table are Half-Orcs, anyway, and they are accompanied by a furtive-looking, wiry little human dressed in robes of dark grey, an immensely fat human woman wearing a broadsword on her belt, and three others that you can't tell much about because they are fully cloaked in dark brown robes with their hoods pulled up.

[DM: Let the game begin!]

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
The tall young man shakes the dust of the road from his dark green cloak, and stalks over to the bar. "A flagon of ale, please," he orders in a gruff voice. He purposefully stands beside the arguing half-Orc, to see if he can hear what the argument is about.

Leif

Adventurer
GM: All PCs are present in The Choking Swan. I trust that you can all identify your characters from my description in Post # 1 below. If there is any doubt, please let me know.

Last edited:

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Riel, the green-eyed Elf, glances at the young man entering the tavern, before his eyes wander to the party at the table. The three brown-cloaked figures have piqued his curiosity.

He looks around to see if there is an open table where he may be able to get a better look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

GM: There is a swath of empty tables surrounding the brown-cloaked figures and the Half-Orcs, isolating them further in their chosen corner. The other patrons of the establishment seem unwilling to get very close to them, which seems to suit them just fine.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

The Half-Orc at the bar seems to be dissatisfied with the way his order was served. It seems his tripe was a trifle tepid. "Even my half-wit brother knows you serve inwards as near to body temperature as you can."

The Half-Orc at the bar seems to be dissatisfied with the way his order was served. It seems his tripe was a trifle tepid. "Even my half-wit brother knows you serve inwards as near to body temperature as you can."

I second him!
Gorash says to the bartender as he drains his beer to the last drop.

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

The bartender looks a bit irritated when the Dwarf sticks up for the grumpy Half-Orc, but he offers to re-heat the tripe. The Half-Orc, however, doesn't think so: "Mind your own business, Dwarf," and he says the word with such bitter contempt and rage that he fairly vomits it into the dank atmosphere of the tavern.

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

The elf walks smoothly to the open table with the best possible view of the brown-cloaked figures, waving a tavern wench over as he takes a seat.

If it wasn't for other half orc scums in here like the one next to him. Gorash would have smashed his mug on the Orc's head. But since he was clever then the scum next to him he decided to avoid it.
He walks past Girion that stands near the half orc and says
Find another table, there is a smell of a quarrel in the air.
Gorash then takes a sit in a table next to where Riel sat and asks the wench to bring him some snacks.

Remove ads