7 deadly Sins adventures

Doc_Souark

Explorer
In Dungeon #91 there is a side trek adventure called "Sloth" by J Bradley Schell, it's about a lazy Wizard whos slovenly ways caused her to poorly draw a Circle of Pertection causeing her death. So it got me to thinking about the other 6 "deadly" sins and possible adventures based on them any ideas ?

wolfpunk

First Post
Hmmm a mission based on Gluttony, well that would be a cry for a dragon eating a communities livestock, and citizens, and everything else if I ever heard of one.

Greed, hmm the players come into possession of a powerful item that they are supposed to return to another person. However, one of them, or all of them decide to keep the item. This is a tricky mission in which if the pcs win they are actually committing the sin, but it could be interesting to have the guy who wants the item also be greedy, and so no one is really right in the sense of the word.

Wrath, well any battle is one of wrath. However, it could be a personal battle if a relative of one of the pcs is killed or maimed etc in a terrible fashion by the villian. Justice could be very ugly in a case where doing right, and destroying someone are two different things.

Lust, hmm can we say succubi??

Pride, well pcs at high levels do most often think they are the best thing going. Perhaps a contest of some sort, where the party of npc characters competing against them is as good or better then the pcs. What would they do to save their pride and win??

Psychotic Jim

First Post
A while ago I wrote the start of a Ravenloft Campaign that focused on the 7 Deadly Sins. It never got off the ground, I'm afraid. Basically what tied all of the adventures together was that they all involved someone being cursed for their sins by an evil, fire-and-brimstone priest of Ezra who was doomed to see the sins in other people magnified a hundred fold. The PCs were supposed to follow on his trail, stopping all of the by-products of his curses, and the campaign would end with an confrontation with him. The first adventure was featured Gluttony- an selfish mayor cursed to become an undead monster always consumed with an unending hunger. The monster was dangerous because he turned people into cannibal zombies with his bite.

Rabelais

First Post
7 deadly Sins

Hmmm... thinking back to my misspent Sunday School education...

Anger (not sure about this one)
Lust
Pride
Sloth
Gluttony
Greed
Envy

Instead of Watching Se7en with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman(great movie, but not D&D material)

You might instead try watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre with Humphrey Bogart. Great movie and would perfectly illustrate Greed as an adventure concept.

wighair

Explorer
An old (and recently re-released, bundled with another) scenario for Ars Magica covered this exact subject. "Festival of the Damned" it was called in both cases and one of the best stories I ever ran. I can't remeber many details now, other than there was alot of character interaction with people of a "cursed" village. Lesser demons of types associated with their particualr sin had corrupted many individuals, leading ultimately to the arrival of a major bad-guy. If you see it in a second hand store it would be well worth checking out for ideas. Depends on your game style, but not sure how well it would run under DnD.

LostSoul

Adventurer
You could come up with a really decent Lust adventure if you combine the spells Alter Self with Suggestion or Dominate Person...

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
An Anger adventure could center around a cursed weapon that one of the party happens to acquire. It could make him go berzerk in battle, and become uncontrollably angry at very small things at other times.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
A friend of mine designed a Seven Deadly Sins campaign back when he started college. I think it involved seven kings/nobles/tyrants or something.
All I really remember is that, not long into the campaign, one of the PCs jumped into boiling tar or lava and died. Another PC jumped in to save him and died, and the rest either killed eachother or died very ignoble deaths. Hehehe.

Remove ads