Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Mhairi gave a half smile to Edmond. "Probably not, but then I don't really hide. Just run. Let's go pay a visit to his house first then, though I'll be surprised if things are that easy. I'll stop by a few places on the way back..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenk, D'jahn and Kroft fly off into the sky, and the group make their way to Vencarlo Orisini's home address, just inside what was once the original wall to Fort Korvosa. On the way they pass his academy, now a burnt-out shell. Not a promising omen.

Vencarlo's modest town house, however, is still in good repair. There is even a thin trail of smoke from the chimney, but nobody seems to be about.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius hesitates for a moment, wondering if it would be a better idea to allow one of the others to knock, given that they are familiar faces where he is not. But he then figures that if it is anyone other than Orsini who is responsible for the smoke coming from the chimney, it may as well be him taking the lead.

He approaches the door and gives it three solid but not too aggressive raps with his knuckles. "Sir?" he intones quizzically.

Axel

First Post
As Ignatius knocked Mhairi turned to face the street, hoping to watch the watchers. If I was hiding I'd want to know who was looking for me.

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is no answer to Ignatius' summons. The door doesn't seem to be locked.
Mhairi can see no sign of anyone lurking about, at first. Then she spots an urchin* who seems to be paying a bit too much attention. When he sees Mhairi looking at him, he bolts.

*Not one of Edmond's.

Axel

First Post
Why do they always run? It's such a giveaway, Mhairi thought as she leapt after the fleeing urchin - hoping that the others would notice that she was leaving.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Manachan, go after her. We'll see about the house and follow a bit behind."

OOC: I assume the monk can outrun any of us?

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Monk speed does not kick in until 3rd level, and Manachan is only splashed for 2. Ignatius is actually the fastest runner, though his acrobatics leave something to be desired. But he does have a new trick or two that could help in that department.

The ifrit looks to around confused for a moment as to what Edmond is referring to, but then he spots the fleeing urchin. "Perhaps I should give chase with Mhairi instead? You and Manachan are the ones who know Orsini anyway, correct?"

Kaodi

Hero
For perhaps the first time since coming to this city, Ignatius now has a chance to let loose with the true measure of his speed. Not that he has held back in battle, but it becomes far more apparent in a footrace than in the short bursts of speed on the battlefield. The ifrit bolts towards the urchin, flowing over the cobblestone street like a rushing wildfire or running like a man possessed (which he may be, literally).

OOC: Speed 40' , Acrobatics +0 or +1 for Jumping (because of Agile armour).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases