New Doctor to be announced Sunday

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I still find it almost odd how much younger than Hartnell he looks but otherwise I'm happy. I think he'll be a lot less physical/slapstick and more patrician/authoritarian.

He didn't grow up with the deprivations of WWI and WWII? Or the dubious conditions and effects of lesser nutrition of those times? Not to mention probably not growing up an orphan?
Hopefully he will get some good stories to shine in.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Oh, so very, very happy. And tired. (I stayed up until 4am to watch the telecast...)

It will be fascinating to see how he approaches it, and to see the change in style of story.

Cheers!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
YEEEEES!!! Goal!!!!

Now for the Malcolm Tucker / Doctor pastiches.... too sweary for EN World though!

Yeah already seen one MTV "script" that claims the new Doctor will spend the whole new season navigating the intricacies of the Galfrey bureaucracy but way too freking sweary for Dalek plungered ENworld

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
"MY OPINION (which is not Canon) is that the regeneration limit is a lot like the speed limit. You can break it, but things get a lot more dangerous if you do. The Time Lords were the traffic cops: they enforced the limit. With them gone, the Doctor can keep regenerating beyond 13, but with consequences."

His opinion is much better than just "the Time Lords are gone" like I was thinking. Opens up alot of story to see the consequences of additional regenerations.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
"MY OPINION (which is not Canon) is that the regeneration limit is a lot like the speed limit. You can break it, but things get a lot more dangerous if you do. The Time Lords were the traffic cops: they enforced the limit. With them gone, the Doctor can keep regenerating beyond 13, but with consequences."

His opinion is much better than just "the Time Lords are gone" like I was thinking. Opens up alot of story to see the consequences of additional regenerations.

Seems reasonable to me.

Remove ads