Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Announced

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Weren't bothans in the Edge of the Empire core book? Your little write-up makes it sound like they're just being introduced in Age of Rebellion. Maybe I'm misremembering...

Fiddleback

First Post
Yes, they are present in the Edge of the Empire book. And you are correct, the write up does sound as if they are new to Age of Rebellion, but it was more a case of 'What besides humans and droids are in there?" than anything else.

Crothian

First Post
It seems like there is going to be a lot of repeated information in this book. Making these three separate games that can be used together is going to make it a lot more expensive and frustrating for the fans.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Hopefully they'll be a little more compatible with each other than Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Only War are. As I understand it, there's such a huge difference in power levels between the various games, it takes a lot of work to play, say, an Inquistor in a Rogue Trader game, or anything other than a Space Marine in a Deathwatch game. If there's redundant information, but I can play a smuggler in a Age of Rebellion game without a lot of jinking around with the rules, I'll take it.

shaylon

First Post
Hopefully they'll be a little more compatible with each other than Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Only War are. As I understand it, there's such a huge difference in power levels between the various games, it takes a lot of work to play, say, an Inquistor in a Rogue Trader game, or anything other than a Space Marine in a Deathwatch game. If there's redundant information, but I can play a smuggler in a Age of Rebellion game without a lot of jinking around with the rules, I'll take it.

I hadn't really considered this. I hope there are no issues with playing various classes in various campaigns. That would be more than a little disappointing.

I will pass on the "beta", since we just started an EotE campaign, but I do hope that we don't have to wait almost a year for the full book to go into production, which I will almost assuredly buy.

Remove ads