Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
The Last Two

Thanks mostly to his 'Heroic Effort," Rydan Braithwaite manages to avoid the consequences of those who have gone before him. He slugs the Dragonfyre back, grits his teeth, and only coughs the smallest amount of blue smoke out his nose. When he does so, however, those who attain a 12+ Perception check also see the barest traces of flame coming out his ears at the same time. He coughs slightly once more and is fine.

Firil, however, isn't quite so fortunate, although he doesn't miss it by much. He tosses back the shot and seems to be fine, but then rapidly turns the most peculiar shade of green that you've seen. His coughing isn't that violent or prolonged, but it does produce a sputem that is almost caustic and seems to bubble and simmer within the spitoon for an inordinate length of time.

[sblock=REWARD(s) for all]
For indulging me here, each PC receives a new trait: Tempered by Dragonfyre, which grants +1 to all saves vs. fire (heat or flame)
And everyone gains another 75 XP
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rydan takes a cooling drink of his ale and addresses his companions. His voice is thick as he says, "Well if we were supposed to be inconspicuous I think we might have failed. Now, I highly recommend we stick with less flamboyant and caustic beverages for our wake." He orders a round of ale for all. "Umm, Should we try to stand the Warforged back up?"

Goldhammer

First Post
The warforged, still lying on the floor, suddenly begins to shake. Guard's face reappears on her head and her blue eyes flicker into life.

"Goodness me, what happened?" She asks as picks herself up, coughing up smoke.

Redclaw

First Post
Shale laughs with joy and a bit of shame. You proved as unable to handle the 'Fyre as me, he says to Guard. Although it looks to have calmed you down a bit.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Leifs 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 1]

Although his laughter is little more gravelly than usual,it is no less heartfelt. Firil gestures to the server for another round of something a little less dangerous and smiles.

Leif

Adventurer
The Green Star Inn

The bartender is busy for a few minutes dealing with the sudden rush of orders spurred by Guard's effort. When he is finally able to make it back over to you, he says, "We've not had a show that good here for some weeks. Your money's no good here for the rest of this night, although I'd strongly advise yers to stay away from any more Dragonfyre!" With that, he sets a round of pale ale before each of you. And things tend to quiet down considerably over the next 20 minutes, but each of the brave souls whol attempted the Dragonfyre receives numerous slaps on the back, smiles, and sympathy. Then, there is a surge of movement towards the door and some jostling of those at your table, where you've withdrawn from the bar to settle down a bit. In the confusion, a folded piece of gray parchment has wound up sitting in the middle of your table. As near as you can figure, it may have been tossed there by a heavily cloaked and hooded, somewhat stooped figure who then withdrew and vanished before anyone could even speak.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Being least affected by his encounter with Dragonfyre, the young wizard is able to take up the paper first. He carefully unfolds it and peruses the contents.

Leif

Adventurer
The Message

The parchment does contain a note, and it says, "You draw too much attention to yourselves for a meeting. Find me at Yardarm Square an hour past midnight."

Scotley

Hero
Rydan reddens at the chastisment in the note. "I guess we should have taken our cue from the nature of this place." He passes the note on suddenly wary.

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil eyes the note warily,

Are we to move our meeting from a clandestine bar to a deserted area at late hour of the night? My instincts say if we should go, we should go carefully.

And why is this Horace being so secretive? What has he got to hide? What does he know about our parents?

Firil holds his hands firmly on the table to slow himself down.

Remove ads