Shadows of Esteren Book 1..how goes your game?

MrHemlocks

Banned
Banned
I am reading through Shadows of Esteren Book 1, Numenera , and Trail of Cthulhu. Trying two figure out which game to run next for my group. As for Shadows of Esteren Book 1, has anyone played it yet or run it? How did it go? After reading most of the book I really feel that I need to buy book 2 (Travels), before playing. Any thoughts comments on the game?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Love it. Players are just getting the hang of it. Group is an explorer, a hunter, a magientist, a fighter. They are out of Osta-Baille working the Northeast area from the city on Flux extraction. They have found a bog, swampy area where flux seem common.

I have a Hag and a wicker man as the big foes but also a whole village that will select travelers to provide as sacrifice for the wicker man. Twist here is that the wicker man is a construction and hag is part of a drug operation back in Osta-Baille.

System seems to be working great. I have some combat in the game but mostly NPC interaction at this time as the players figure out what is going on.

Remove ads