The Center of Time

Shayuri

First Post
Echo squints into the riot of light and color, and struggles to keep up with the strange alien thoughts, to organize the wildly shifting perceptions into something orderly that she can make sense of...

(Spending 4 Intellect to reduce difficulty by 2 ranks.)
[roll0]

(...and Echo apparently merges with the Time Vortex and becomes the Bad Wolf)

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Duncan looks at the distance between himself and the chronal feeder, and tries to access his memory banks of the pattern beasts use to play with their prey: toss in the air, direction, range of chronal teleport... If his strategic mind could calculate where that thing would appear next with Xaion, and he could get there first, perhaps he could save his friend...

OOC: Could I spend Intellect to reduce whatever difficulty this would be for Duncan? I need to find my PDF of the rules, now that I've switched computers to a Mac.
[roll0]

Tashtego

Explorer
Seregal looks around the bridge, staring into the distance. "I wonder where this goes?" he asks Ohm. He carefully teeters back and forth, and is lucky that he's trained in balancing.

He squints down at the commotion below. "Echo? Duncan?" he calls out. "Is everything all right?" He wonders how to get down.

Seregal then considers the far more important matter of his own survival. At least up here, he's away from the monsters. "I thought that they were gone already," he mutters. He looks carefully around on the wires.

Would it be safer to continue on, or work his own way down to the ground below? "Ohm? What do you think?" he asks.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Echo squints into the riot of light and color, and struggles to keep up with the strange alien thoughts, to organize the wildly shifting perceptions into something orderly that she can make sense of...

(Spending 4 Intellect to reduce difficulty by 2 ranks.)
[roll0]

(...and Echo apparently merges with the Time Vortex and becomes the Bad Wolf)

Echo's vision goes dark, then bright again. For a moment it was as if she were high in the air above the city, looking down on streets and buildings that show a curious patchwork of gleaming newness and shattered, dusty, ancient stonework. A blue domed building pulses with power held barely in check, and a slow, oozing river of energy slides greasily in unsteady pulses under the surface of the street to another structure, tall and spindly and red, some many streets distant. The power in the blue building seems to be being held at bay by the point of the hovering inverted mountain. In places in the street, in the new parts, you can see the small moving forms of living beings, but when they reach the gray parts of the city, they seemingly vanish from view.

And abruptly Echo is back in her own body, her own eyes, her mind feeling decidedly bruised and the ribbon of energy withdrawing from her with unseemly haste. As if burned, one might say.

[sblock=OOC Echo]OOC: Echo takes 4 Int damage.[/sblock]

Duncan looks at the distance between himself and the chronal feeder, and tries to access his memory banks of the pattern beasts use to play with their prey: toss in the air, direction, range of chronal teleport... If his strategic mind could calculate where that thing would appear next with Xaion, and he could get there first, perhaps he could save his friend...

OOC: Could I spend Intellect to reduce whatever difficulty this would be for Duncan? I need to find my PDF of the rules, now that I've switched computers to a Mac.
[roll0]

Duncan tries to calculate when the chronal feeder will end up next, but its abilities are very strange, even for his experience with vicious beasts. He sees the feeder appear again, distantly to the east, and sees Xiaon strike out at it, catching it and rocking it slightly before the feeder charges and both of them vanish into a fold of the air again. It seems Xiaon, at least, will not make this easy on the creature.

On the other hand, Ohm Eleven and Father Seren are now some 60 feet up in the air on a bridge of floating, glowing cables, Echo may have just eaten a ribbon of mysterious energy, and Wisco... Wisco has vanished entirely since you last looked. There's nothing but a little tree where he was standing.

And the city still awaits, the mountain still hovers...

[sblock=Duncan]OOC: You may use Int points to calculate where the feeder might be sure.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wisco]Doghead, I know not where you have been, but if you see this, we can bring Wisco back when you return, never fear.[/sblock]

Seregal looks around the bridge, staring into the distance. "I wonder where this goes?" he asks Ohm. He carefully teeters back and forth, and is lucky that he's trained in balancing.

He squints down at the commotion below. "Echo? Duncan?" he calls out. "Is everything all right?" He wonders how to get down.

Seregal then considers the far more important matter of his own survival. At least up here, he's away from the monsters. "I thought that they were gone already," he mutters. He looks carefully around on the wires.

Would it be safer to continue on, or work his own way down to the ground below? "Ohm? What do you think?" he asks.

The wires stretch for about a hundred feet, then terminate in another floating tower, still not close enough to the city gates. But apparently walking on the area where they were was enough to trigger them, so it stands to reason more might be triggered if one were to tread on, or over, the right places. And it does seem to be heading in the direction of the city gates, for fair.

Shayuri

First Post
Echo snaps out of her fugue and looks around wildly.

"The blue dome...we have to get to the blue dome!"

If she can see the feeder threatening Xaion, she'll take a shot at it, otherwise she waves at Duncan and starts up to join Ohm and Father Seregal.

iamrpgdm

Explorer
After seeing the last feeder go down that he's aware of, Antor headed towards the city gates. Father Seren and Ohm farther ahead are suddenly thrust into the air on some floating bridge. "Father Seren! Ohm!" Antor will shout looking up at the structure, "Are you all right?" "Do you have rope you can attach to something to get down or should we find a way up?" Antor probes further, "Can you see our way into the city from there? What can I do to help you?"

Tashtego

Explorer
Seregal waves down at Antor. "Everything's fine!" he shouts back. "I'm glad those creatures are gone! I think this bridge actually leads to the city. I want to follow it! Maybe you should all come up here!" He pulls his rope from his pack and waves it around, like an offer.

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: If I can still see Wisco, then yes: I'll keep spending Int or whatever until I can save my party comrade (and I'll use that blasting numenera I've had equipped for a while). If the player is gone and the character is basically dead, Duncan will shake his head sadly and move on.

If he's not basically dead: [roll0]

Remove ads