Chicken nuggets

Grehnhewe

First Post
This about as surprising to hear about as revelations about the NSA. The stuff is pure garbage, disguised with breading and mood-altering dipping sauces.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Now is when you don't feel okay continuing to eat them?

There are many things I have eaten without knowing what they were. Once the mystery is revealed, I have to make a conscious decision.

So, over time, I have said "yes" to things like octopus, squid, land snails, gator, turtle, rabbit, frog legs, chitlins (as an ingredient, not as a dish), haggis, blood sausage, etc., while saying "no" to sea cucumber, "big ass" ants*, jellyfish...

And now, in all probability, McD's chicken nuggets.

* hormigas culonas...literally, big ass ants/ants with big asses

Grehnhewe

First Post
I am missing gator and turtle, but I have sea cucumbers and jellyfish. Probably going to skip the ants...chocolate covered grasshoppers are good enough.

Orius

Legend
What do you think they do with the leftover parts? Chickens don't neatly fall apart into breats, thighs, legs, and wings when they're slaughtered. And there's only so much they can cram into pet food. It's the same thing with sausages and ground beef.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ah, but a sausage does not pretend to be anything other than what it is. This stuff is treated in order to look and feel like breast meat.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I suppose that means blood vessels and nerves, other than that which seems run throughout most tissue. Do I misunderstand that? I know there are larger, distinct, nerves and blood vessels, but I thought there were small amounts of both in all tissue.

That being said, what is the problem, other than it sounds gross? Any close anatomical look at animal based foods is going to be gross.

But, most folks will have eaten sausage, which (I though) used intestines as casing. Or have had tripe, or sweetbreads, or heart or liver.

I mean, folks eat whole oysters. Think about it.

Thx!

TomB

Remove ads