Martial Practices inferior to Rituals????

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
i was thinking I have made martial practices a class feature for warlords I might need to have a multiclass feat that grants them

considered just adding it to Student of Battle, the name is perfect anyway

Would that be too much?

Last edited:

i was thinking I have made martial practices a class feature for warlords I might need to have a multiclass feat that grants them

considered just adding it to Student of Battle, the name is perfect anyway

Would that be too much?

Probably, lol. Honestly though, I never understood why practices, or rituals either for that matter, NEED an activating feat. I mean, I can see it from a flavor standpoint for rituals, you learn some handwavy magicky stuff, but practices? The power source requirement makes even LESS sense. I mean I could definitely see rituals being sorted by source and requiring the correct source, and you could even make a modest mechanical argument for it (certainly a 'this goes with D&D tradition' argument at least). Practices should simply be open to everyone and assort purely by skill.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Probably, lol. Honestly though, I never understood why practices, or rituals either for that matter, NEED an activating feat. I mean, I can see it from a flavor standpoint for rituals, you learn some handwavy magicky stuff, but practices? The power source requirement makes even LESS sense. I mean I could definitely see rituals being sorted by source and requiring the correct source, and you could even make a modest mechanical argument for it (certainly a 'this goes with D&D tradition' argument at least). Practices should simply be open to everyone and assort purely by skill.

Abilities one can learn if trained in the skill?

Perhaps a warlord could then learn some without being trained in the perquisite skill or something similar.

Abilities one can learn if trained in the skill?

Perhaps a warlord could then learn some without being trained in the perquisite skill or something similar.

Yeah, well, you probably STILL have to master the individual ones, so maybe Warlords just get certain practice masteries for free. That would work. Maybe that comes with a 'you don't even need the requisite skill to master this', but I haven't really thought about it too much.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It has been suggested that being able to expend a healing surge to significantly boost a skill in a common enough skill challenge situation, is well worth some sort of entry fee.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yeah, well, you probably STILL have to master the individual ones, so maybe Warlords just get certain practice masteries for free. That would work. Maybe that comes with a 'you don't even need the requisite skill to master this', but I haven't really thought about it too much.

Yeh the bard gets some free casting of its class specific rituals like a cherry on top

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases