Heal vs. Undead... it does work.

dkilgo

First Post
Harm vs. Undead... it does work.

I read in one of the threads recently that a few people and myself thought that Heal should effect undead the same way that Harm hurts living creatures.

Well, I found out that it really does effect undead the way we thought. It is in the last line of text for the description of the Heal spell.

Did anyone else know that it did that, or had I been missing something very simpl like this for way too long?

Be gentle, please!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
*nods* Yes, heal affects undead like harm and vice-versa (i.e., they are healed by harm). :)

BTW, I think this thread's title is possibly a bit misleading. ;)

dkilgo

First Post
I just felt really stupid for missing that.

The title was a typo. I was thinking one thing, and typed another. I didn't catch it until after I had posted it. Sorry!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
dkilgo said:
I just felt really stupid for missing that.
For not knowing an unorthodox application of a 6th-level spell? No reason to feel stupid about that, really. :)

Heh. Or, to quote what our very own Piratecat said when one of his players cast mass heal for the first time (while playtesting 3e, presumably):

"You cast what and it does what?!" :)
Edit to clarify - he cast it on the party, not on some undead, that is. But bringing an entire PC party from nearly dead to almost completely healthy is quite a feat - and damn scary, if you didn't know that such a spell exists.
The title was a typo. I was thinking one thing, and typed another. I didn't catch it until after I had posted it. Sorry!
No problem; you could just have edited the subject of your post. :)
But then, let's just do it without anyone editing the post. :) Moderator powers, activate! :cool:

Last edited:

dkilgo

First Post
Yeah, all curative spells effect undead in a negative manor. It states it in the description for all the spells. I was rereading them the other day, and came across the last line in the Heal spell description. Boy, I still blush when I think about that.

jester47

First Post
Wow, so a character that is a Cleric of a nature god multiclassed as a ranger can get pretty deadly for a lot of people. Yikes...

But I guess that is true for a lot of cleric other class combinations...

Aaron.

Remove ads