My confession

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I... I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire film. And I... I enjoyed it.

It was a better movie than the first one. Tighter, better paced, felt less long.

I still do not understand what all the hype is about. Aside from the rather positive female character that is Katniss.

Crothian

First Post
Why would this need to be a confession? I really liked the books and the first movie was great. I will be watching Catching Fire this week and do so with no shame.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The first movie was bad and I swore not to indulge in more young girl literature put on screen after seeing the first one (I do have the excuse that a woman made me see the first one). There are so many of those types of flicks coming and they all look like they suck, so I refuse to watch the train recks out of principale even if I am curious!

The critics of this one were rather positive and a pathological need to complet stuff ment that I failed to resist seing it. But let me tell you, I will never see Twilight! NEVER!

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Combine Shirley Jacksons "The Lottery" with Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The Running Man", and add a bunch of tweener angst, and you have "Hunger Games." Tons of stuff did not make sense in the movie. Not interested in reading the books: I'm not 12-17.

Nellisir

Hero
I read the first book (Hunger Games), but haven't seen either movie yet. Intending to. The book was decent.

Frankly, after seeing Winters Bone, I don't care what Jennifer Lawrence does. She could twerk her way down Broadway in the Macy's Parade wearing a bikini codesigned by Bjork and Lady Gaga and singing every song from High School Musical from memory, and it'd be OK. That movie, and her performance...amazing. Be interesting to see her in The Glass Castle; that's another story of extreme poverty there.

Nellisir

Hero
OK, just saw Hunger Games. I really liked it. The book adds a lot of depth, but I'm not sure it's "better". Both are really good.

Remove ads