Facial Hair, changing

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I just shaved off my mustache and goatee. It's something I do about once a year or two. Every time I've done it, I hate the way my face looks. I think my face is so incredibly boring without some kind of beardishness. So I'll immediately let it grow back out. In a week, I'll look back to normal.

Do you have facial hair of some sort? Do you shave it off occassionally? What do you think of your bald face?

If you don't normally have facial hair, do you occassionally grow some? What do you think of your haired face?

Bullgrit

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I have a Van Dyke mostly cuz I hate shaving. Despise it. If I could I'd grow a full beard but my genetics have made that impossible even though I'm 35. Oh, I also have facial hair cuz I have an overbite which means I also have no chin. Illusion helps sometimes. :p

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to answer a question. I don't shave it off because I like my look better this way. And ... and cuz I hate shaving. A lot.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Another shaving hater, here. I have a goatee that sometimes gets a moustache on top...and sometimes gets overwhelmed by my not shaving at all...and sometimes disappears when I shave the lot of it.

I like the look of the goatee, though. Gives me a bit of definition. An accent point, if you will.

Klirshon

First Post
The fleshling platform sports a full beard that is occasionally braided. Sections that tend to grow longer than the rest of the beard get trimmed. I detest the prospect of my platform's facial structure being clean shaven. The humans of the region of which I reside often reference some daft show as if it had influenced my decision to have the platform grow a beard. I didn't even know such a show existed until this year when stores started hawking the characters' merchandise.

I have a Van Dyke and mustache. Sort of. I tend not to spend any time or effort at maintaining it. Usually don't shave until the growth starts to threaten to make it disappear or my cheecks just get too itchy. Nobody ever asks but my planned response to the potential question of, "Why you no shave?", is to just claim I'm growing a full beard again. Anyone I meet professionally wouldn't know. Anyone I know personally doesn't care.

I'd shave more regularly if I shaved it all clean but there is no question in my own mind that I am much more attractive with facial hair than without. That's about the extent of my vanity.

Nellisir

Hero
As others have said. I have a goatee and mustache (Van Dyke). I can grow a full beard but it's not particularly thick. I've shaved the mustache a few times, usually when it gets too itchy. I shaved the goatee in '97, and again in '06. My wife had never seen me clean-shaven. She took a look and said "grow it back". (after nine years of "do whatever you want"). So I did*. The goatee gives definition.

*I expected that reaction, so I timed the shave so I had time to regrow everything before my daughter was born.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
bily kun 026.jpg

My beard is pretty much always like this. I trim it with a electric trimmer.

Edit: Damn, that pic is pic. And old. My face ain't fat no more.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I keep my facial hair pretty much the same. I will post tomorrow as to what I mean. you will agree. I have not changed.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I sometimes will let a goatee grow if I'm feeling particularly lazy, but for the most part, facial hair irritates me. Also, it grows in patchy and never very long so I can never have a proper beard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases