Father of a teen

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
And you base this assertion on what exactly?

Based on hopefully you have been paying attention to your own children the 12 years before they became teenagers. In other words, other peoples' advice (including mine) won't always fit your family's needs.

... and that is about enough of that. Good night.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Based on hopefully you have been paying attention to your own children the 12 years before they became teenagers. In other words, other peoples' advice (including mine) won't always fit your family's needs.

... and that is about enough of that. Good night.
That doesn't answer my question. There are tons of parents who make bad decisions for their kids, neglect their kids, etc. Just the number of fat kids show a problem with how parents take care of their kids. Teen pregnancies are another. It is not like kids are property, it is obvious a lot of people shouldn't take care of kids.

Joker

First Post
That doesn't answer my question. There are tons of parents who make bad decisions for their kids, neglect their kids, etc. Just the number of fat kids show a problem with how parents take care of their kids. Teen pregnancies are another. It is not like kids are property, it is obvious a lot of people shouldn't take care of kids.

Well, Bullgrit has already made it clear he shows some concern for his child's well being so that's a step up from a fair number of parents.

Kramodlog

You assume that they do not feel concern. Concerns leads to decisions, decisions lead to bad decisions, bad decisions lead to Honey Boo Boo.

Joker

First Post
You assume that they do not feel concern. Concerns leads to decisions, decisions lead to bad decisions, bad decisions lead to Honey Boo Boo.

I assume nothing. You were talking about people neglecting their kids. From what I know from Bullgrit, he doesn't which means he's ahead of those people with regards to parenting.

Kramodlog

I think you assume a lot fo stuff about BG. Have you seen him in action with his kids many times over the years?

Kramodlog

A parent can be concerned about STDs and pregnancies. Then that parents tells the kids to wait until marriage for sex and that contraceptives are bad.

Concern doesn't mean much.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Also keep in mind that while nearly all kids rebel, they rebel in very different ways and against different things.

I never rebelled much against my parents, for instance. But I rebelled against my peers... hard.

Remove ads