• Middle class

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Lower-middle class

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Lower class (poor)

Votes: 7 15.9%

Ahnehnois

First Post
I would not call D&D a particularly high-brow hobby, for better or for worse. It is, however, a relatively inexpensive one. It would not surprise me at all to find out that that the hobby as a whole attracted low to middle income participants.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Minor nitpick back at you: In actual economics, there are more factors of production than merely the one you stated (i.e. Labor): Capital, Natural Resources, and Management are also factors of production. (Including Labor, that's a total of four (4) factors of production.) (Some pundits may claim the existence of more than four.)

That's a nice breakdown. I'm thinking a division can still be made between Labor and Management vs. Capital and Natural Resources. (Although, I'm still uneasy about this placement of Management.) That is, being wealthy means owning enough Capital or Natural Resources to be supported by the rent available from those; conversely, one who is not wealthy has too little of either to be supported by rent.

Thx!

TomB

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'll hazard a guess that I make more than you, but I also probably live paycheck to paycheck. If I didn't get paid, I'd have a serious problem paying the bills without dipping into retirement.

I'm not entirely sure paycheck to paycheck is a qualifier for class-level, as it also depends on your spending habits (ex. why did I eat out so much I only had $100 before the new paycheck hit?)
My entire issue is poor spending habits. That said, when I think paycheck to paycheck, I think of a person who end up with a zero sum total by the time there is a new paycheck. No savings, no retirement fund, just 100% in, 100% out. That's my boat.

HOWEVER, I recently got myself working on getting out of a fairly big crater, so hopefully by end Feb. I can start some kind of savings.

Dioltach

Legend
It's not that. The rich play an exclusive version of the game, Dungeon$ & Dragons, and hang out in their exclusive websites. Did you not know that this place is entirely subsidised by £NWorld?

Websites? Nonsense, the rich have *actual* fantasy worlds where they play.

Remove ads