Skyrim

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Dwimmerlied said:
anyway, @Bullgrit, as you kinda asked, I don't know that I could sell it to you, mainly because I have (and still kinda do) ask the same kind of questions of it. And I know that whenever something is talked up, it increases the chance it will be a disappointment. But are you thinking of having a go?
If I had time to play the game, I would have already bought and tried it on my own back when it was new and getting all the hype. It *sounds* so much like a game I'd enjoy. Right now, the only video game I make time to play is Minecraft (because/with my sons).

Bullgrit

Janx

Hero
If I had time to play the game, I would have already bought and tried it on my own back when it was new and getting all the hype. It *sounds* so much like a game I'd enjoy. Right now, the only video game I make time to play is Minecraft (because/with my sons).

Bullgrit

For perspective:

I played Oblivion for about a year.

I played Skyrim for about 4 months. Then I discovered Minecraft on the 360.

I don't play Skyrim that much anymore, as I like building in MC more than running around Skyrim.

As MC tickles some people in a way that keeps them playing for over a year, Elder Scrolls does the same for other people.

You might like it. you might not.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I bought Skyrim well after its initial release. Reason: I was still playing Oblivion! So one: you get a lot of bang for your buck with Elder Scrolls games.

Two: Skyrim features a lot of combat-scene improvements over its predecessor: Oblivion. Your character bobs and sways with his actions. There's a favorite-item menu that quickly pauses the game, unlike Oblivion's hotkeys that would leave you struggling to get the item you wanted while enemies attacked you. You have the options of dual-wielding weapons and spells in Skyrim, which you didn't in Oblivion. You can shield-bash to buy yourself a bit of combat time.

Three: Skyrim can be dull and gray, but that's mostly weather-dependent (which isn't a feature of many games). The setting is a landscape where snow and clouds are the norm, but when the sun comes out, the landscape is bright and attractive.
[MENTION=31216]Bullgrit[/MENTION]: I've seen some good, creative thinking in Minecraft, so I have to guess that it's a good game for kids. Skyrim is another good option for kids for several reasons:

- Natural consequences. If you steal (poorly) in Skyrim, the authorities come after you.
- Diversity of options. You can often solve problems through stealth, diplomacy, bribery, or magic. Not just combat.
- Books. There are countless "books" in Skyrim, some of which offer useful in-game information from reading them. Some just give you free skill points.
- Tactics. You can run into any fight with heavy armor and a steel warhammer. Or you can choose from countless other, possibly more effective, approaches.
- The map. Skyrim doesn't just give you a map, it gives you a 3D hologram of the landscape. Which could be a good introduction to real map reading.
[MENTION=85296]Beth[/MENTION]esda Softworks: PM me for the address to which you can send my advertising fees.

Remove ads