What are you eating?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
So I made a fattoush salad for supper to night. The first time I made one. Pretty good.

I used tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, black olives, basil, parsley, feta cheese and lemon juice. The baked whole wheat pita slices I added should have smaller. Now I know and knowing is half the cooking. They add a crunchiness to the salad and a starchy filler.

I ate some smoked mackerel from a local smoker with the salad. Not impressed. Too many fish bones and it tasted like any old dried up fish. Lots of sodium in it.

I drank a Orval belgium beer while making it. It had been while since I drank one of those, but I had a good memory of it. Sweet, fruity, light, a decent beer, but after years of drinking, it lots some of its wow factor. A shame, you can make jokes about orval sex about it.

Now drinking some Buffulo Trace Bourbon Whiskey after a certain someone recommanded it. Similiar to a smooth scotch, but I amd not wowed. A McClelland or Thé Bheag would have done the same for a lower price and would have been an authentic scotch.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did T-bones, brussel sprouts with pancetta, and a salad for the family dinner the other night.

The salad was different: tomato, radish & watercress. Used watercress for the first time in ages- missed the green's slightly peppery, minty flavor- and served it with a homemade vinegrette made with lemon, olive oil, pepper, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sounds heavenly! Any sides?

I love stuff like that, but I don't cook it. Too many noses would turn away from their plates...

About the only thing I've tried out of the water that I DIDN'T like was sea cucumber. It was an ingredient in an Asian seafood soup. Texture of gristle, flavor of meh, looked like a turd. And since the guy who cooked it was a high-flying chef who relocated from Hong Kong to the USA, I'm going to assume it doesn't get any better than that.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
A quick, inmprovised pot with broccoli, turnip cabbage, potatoes, red pepper, carrots, and some stripes of Kassler. Nothing special, but quickly done and enough to feed the family and a friend who dropped by early for the boardgame evening.

Kramodlog

Had a mock salami sandwich and a banana this morning.

At noon I ate home made chili, used tofu and horse meat in it.

Kramodlog

A salad made of cherry tomatoes, green beans, chickpee, red onions and basil to go with the rest of that smoked mackerel, a glass of red wine and carbonated water.

For dessert, a Chimay blue cap beer!

Remove ads