[February] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
I'm very slightly behind schedule - I finished off "Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth", the most recent Pathfinder, yesterday.

Currently reading "The Yellow Admiral", the eighteenth Aubrey/Maturin novel by Pat O'Brian. It's as good as always.

Next up will be "Dreams of Empire" by Justin Richards (one of the 50th Anniversary collection of Doctor Who novels, this one featuring the Second Doctor), then "The Dagger of Trust" by Chris Willrich (Pathfinder Tales), "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame, and then this month's Pathfinder if it arrives in time.

I also have an anthology of new "Doctor Who" short stories/novellas, produced by the BBC as part of the 50th Anniversary celebrations, and will try to read the Second Doctor story this month.

And I'm gradually reading through "Ultimate Campaign" for Pathfinder, though I doubt I'll read any more of that this month. Oh, and hopefully the new "Firefly RPG" should be out this month, which will jump to near the top of the reading list.

Starman

Adventurer
I'm wrapping up Kraken by China Mieville. As long as it doesn't go off the rails in the last 50 pages, I'd give it 4/5, another winner from Mieville.

Next up is Storm Front by Jim Butcher. I haven't read any of the Dresden Files so I'm looking forward to finally getting in.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So far in Feb:
Desolation Well, second book in the Nanotech Chronicles by Linda Nagata.
The Painted Boy by Charles de Lint

Elodan

Adventurer
Finished Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. Much different than I expected and very well done.

Started Beyond the Blue Moon by Simon Green.

Enforcer

Explorer
Finishing the Dangerous Women anthology edited by GRRM. Also rereading The Iron Throne by Simon Hawke, from the Birthright campaign setting. May run a Birthright game for some dudes at work, we'll see.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Ivan Turgenev's A Sportsman's Notebook. I seem to have read a couple of the stories before but no matter. It's not like you can read too much Turgenev. I'll also be doing some reading for work. Again. Oh well, learnin' is learnin'.

Nellisir

Hero
Just read The Dogs of Riga by Henning Mankell; picking at The White Lioness by him, and The Years Best Science Fiction and Fantasy, Vol. I, edited by Gardner Dozois.

Remove ads