World Fame

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just watching the BAFTAs and done if the stars there, it made me curious. Someone I consider famous may not have been heard of by someone else, and vice versa.

So, in order (don't fret too much though - just off the top of your head) who would you say are the 10 most famous people in the world?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I assume you mean most famous people currently alive?

If we go to the past, we have a whole bunch of folks important to major religions that probably take the top slots.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I assume you mean most famous people currently alive?

If we go to the past, we have a whole bunch of folks important to major religions that probably take the top slots.

Yep; famous living people! No Jesuses (Jesi?), Hitlers, or Caesars.

I think Branjelina Jolie would be at the top of the list, theyre all the time in the news or in movies or whatever.

After that, maybe Jennifer Aniston, maybe cause of her tie to Branjelina, wasnt she in a tv show or something?

Then Taylor Swift, she seems to be every where, any time I go to the store, her face is plastered everywhere.

And those Duck Dynasty guys, they got merchandise every where, just seen some Duck Dynasty towels, who the hell would want to dry off with those guys? Im really hoping they dont have world wide fame and are just limited to the States, but I see them everywhere I go, gah!

David Hasselhoff, been in a couplea shows, and I hear his singing career has really taken off in Germany. Thats some world-wide fame right there.

Alan Alda, Ive seen him in lots of stuff, mostly sciency shows on PBS, but hes easily recognizable, hey its that guy from MASH!

Harrison Ford, the only one to survive the Star Wars curse, dude has been in alot of big movies.

Justin Beiber, seems to be pretty popular everywhere, for reasons I have yet to be able to determine.

Bruno Mars, Ive never actually ever heard of him until the Super Bowl Half-Time show, but the kids tell me thats just cause Im old.

And the Red Hot Chili Peppers, theyre soo good they dont even have to plug in their instruments to play.

I probably woulda added Obama and Putin to the list, but I made a conscience decision to keep politics out of it.

In the World? Impossible to say, as I think the billions of folks in China, India, and Indonesia would have a completely different viewpoint than Western Europe and North America (who might actually have some people in common).

I'd guess the Pope probably makes the worldwide top ten, and maybe Putin and Obama, but beyond that, no clue.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's my - off the cuff - list. Older celebrities have the advantage, as they have the chance to be heard of by multiple generations. Those famous only in very youthful demographics are disadvantaged, I think.

George Bush
The Queen
Madonna
President Obama
Lady Gaga
Bill Gates
Pope Francis ("The Pope" is obviosuly a very famous title, but I'd say someone like Jean Paul II was more famous than Francis)
Justin Bieber
Muhammad Ali
Tom Cruise

Nelson Mandela and Neil Armstrong would have made my list had they not passed recently.

Remove ads