Clothing styles or items you wish would come back

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hats, even baseball caps, should be taken off when indoors, unless at a construction site or hiding Chemo.

I agree...to a point Which is why I lamented the demise of hat racks and hat check rooms. I'm perfectly willing to remove my chapeau if there is a safe place for it to go. I've lost a few to being sat upon, drink spills, and even one that got used as a napkin.

I'd like to see more french cuffs and cufflinks. I was able to get a few nice shirts last year, but almost always either white or black. A few had horrid two-tone patterns.
My father and I both prefer that style. Check out K&G, Jos. A. Bank, Nordstroms and Van Heusen stores for the shirts. Also check your local tailors if you want custom ones.

Elf Witch

First Post
I would love for hats and gloves for woman to come back. I love casual dressing but sometimes it is nice to get dressed up. I was a sad person when shorts and flip flops became ok for church, airline trips and even going to court.

EscherEnigma

Adventurer
and pocket watches.

As someone that can't stand wrist watches, I picked up a pocket watch when I was working in a windowless building for a few months.

As for what I'd like to see come back/ever happen...

Vests and waist coats for men need to come back. Bushy and extravagant cravats (as opposed to relatively sedate and slender ties) should be a thing again. And sleeveless shirts for men. The women in my office get to go business casual with sleeveless blouses but there's no way in hell the former marine the shares my cube farm is going to give me a gun show, and that's a sad thing. So many guys with buff arms, but none that show 'em off. A travesty.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Oh, I know something I'd like to see come back: not having tattoos.
Sadly, these days not having a tattoo is a greater expression of individuality than having one.

Thanks, I'll have to check Nordstroms out. My decepticon cufflinks need the workout.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nordstroms also has a lot of cufflinks ($100+, mostly, but cool).

Keep an eye out at the antique malls, too. Not only can you find nice upscale ones, even the "costume" ones are pretty nice. Oddly enough, because modern gold plating techniques are better than they were, antique cufflinks tend to have thicker plating than modern ones do. TL;DR: antique costume cufflinks have more gold on them. Swank is a brand we've bought multiple pairs of.

Dioltach

Legend
Here's another one: night shirts for men. I hate sleeping in pyjamas, shorts and T-shirt, or anything really. But sometimes its just not appropriate or convenient (or it's too cold) to sleep naked.

Remove ads