The First Age of Man

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah frowned, "No. The superstitions and old ways are wrong. This is who you are. It is them who should adapt."

She turned to Tekai, "But, for now, we shall return and you will speak of nothing you have seen or heard here."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

Sheng gives a vigorous jump on the cart, and takes some time to take in the shape and design of the vehicle. "This is a nice cart, never seen one so big. Did ye made it my friend? Its impressive the orcs hadn't taken it from ye... Not for lack of trying I reckon..." the warrior glances at the stiff corpses of the orcs. Their death expressions fixed on the freezing flesh of their faces as the snows saps the heat from their bodies.
"Well, its that way, turning left on that big oak there, and then leaving the path for a few meters. The sound of the waterfall gives away its location in summer, now we'll have to spot it between the trees."

Piston Honda

First Post
Inguar gives the reins a pull and the horses start moving as Sheng guides. "Thank you Sheng. Made it a around five seasons ago. We had found plenty of extra materials and managed to put it together. She ain't a beauty but she's alright. It beats walking or horseback to find a new home." Every bump is felt in the cart, Inguar seems to ignore every one but looks to check on Sialfi on every large bump.

"We've been very fortunate to avoid them. We migrate every season, we stay away from the rivers, in the heart of the forest as best possible. I reckon if we have been seen, by the time reinforcements made it to our homes if they could even find it again, we had moved on." With Sheng's guidance they come to his cave.

"And what if they don't understand?"

A hollow, female voice rings out from the trees behind Tekai, Seerah and Niraya as they realize they are not alone. Behind the treeline, five cloaked figures stand eerily still, amidst the snow their dull brown clothing makes them almost indistinguishable from the trees.

The speaker takes a slow, deliberate step forward, while the others remain perfectly still, though their faces are covered by scarves and hoods, the group can feel them staring at them. The speaker's face is obscured only by tangles of dull brown hair.

"You have received a blessing from the great mother...Niraya. You should not have to hide it."

There is something unsettling about her, perhaps the flashes of reddishness of some of the flesh on her face, but that pales to the fact that when she speaks, her breath cannot be seen in the air. Though the group had heard whispers, nothing prepares them for actually meeting them, something about the absence of breath makes them seem almost devoid of souls.

[sblock=OOC]
Them
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah whispers, her voice tinged with fear and awe, "The Breathless."

Her hands strays to her spear, even though she knows it would be useless, "What do you want from us?"

Axel

First Post
Tekai was about to speak, and walk away to think on things when the Breathless arrived. How long have they been watching? How did I miss so many??! are the first thoughts through his head. They are closely followed by fear, then revulsion and anger at their intrusion into a private matter.

Acting before thinking (like many 17 year old boys), he draws an arrow and fires well over the speaker's head. "Come no closer!" he yelled. "Niraya is her own woman and will make her own choices! What right do you claim to speak and influence her?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Tekai, stop!" Niraya blurted, aghast. She held out a hand towards him, then towards the Breathless too, as if to stop them from charging into one another.

"Forgive him, please," she asked. "He's just trying to protect me." Niraya bowed her head down, hoping a show of respect would placate them.

"And...forgive me, but this doesn't feel like a gift. I mean...I can see there could be uses for it, but nothing I call stays for long, and dogs and horses can't take the place of what I lose having it. My people...my place in the world. I don't know how I can have one without losing the other. I don't know what to do."

Piston Honda

First Post
They take Tekai’s warning somewhat lightly there is barely a flinch from the girl; the girl speaks something to them. The language she speaks is different, softer and with more flow than the common tongue. A chattering comes from amongst them. For most of them only the slightest movement in their scarves betrays where any of it comes from. As it dies down, she looks at Seerah.

“Anything we need is provided by the great mother, and we certainly need nothing from you.” Her tone unmistakably arrogant, she turns to Tekai, “And he is forgiven, of course.”

The sound of a single pair of footsteps crunching snow can be heard approaching from the direction of the hill the party had come from, the girl meanwhile, turns to Niraya.

“Surely such power could only be a blessing of Gaea herself. Surely if the people you are with were the people you were meant to be with, you wouldn’t have to hide your gift. But if they had known, you would have been thrown to the ice, you were meant to be one of us. We are your people. We will provide a place in this world.”

“We’ll need to carry him inside.” Inguar climbs into the back of the cart, digging through supplies before pulling out a bedroll made of animal pelts. “Can you get a fire going while I get something ready for him?”

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah speaks cautiously, her curiosity about the Breathless and their ways coming out, "We...I, at least, do not see her the way the others do. She needn't hide herself from me."

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya's breath catches, though more from fear than hope. She didn't want to lose her breath...to be one of these cold, mysterious figures. She liked the village, the people...even if she feared them as well. But she didn't want to just turn them down. The reality was that the village might not work. If they chased her away, well, it would be better to have someone to flee to, even if it was the Breathless.

"I...have to think," she stammered. "I need to talk to the others. If they push me away, or if they advise me to go...then..." Niraya shrugged helplessly. Did their breath not show because it was cold? Did they never feel warm?

"Give me some time. If I go to you, I don't want to have any doubts."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"Sure my friend." Sheng hopped off the cart, and walked into his cave. He remembered having some left over wood from last night, and the charcoals might be a little warm already. After he got the fire going he could go scavenge some more timber.

Survival: 21

Remove ads