The First Age of Man

Shayuri

First Post
The horse, pony really, dissolved into flurries of light and vanished just a minute later, and Niraya felt something in her head relax, near-exhausted. Not a muscle exactly, but analagous to one. As she stared into the space he'd occupied, she sees a sneaky cat peering at her from just behind a tree a little ways off.

She frowned. Was that Seerah's cat?

Just then a flurry of wingbeats erupted from overhead, and a snowy white owl launched itself from the low conifer's branches and up into the grey skies. She lost sight of it quickly.

The wry smile that grew on her face felt a little odd there. It used muscles she hadn't used in awhile. It seemed like all kinds of animals were gathering around her today. Maybe she wasn't as thin on friends as she'd thought.

That smile didn't last long as she turned away from the cat to weigh her options. Niraya had no idea where another tribe was, but it wouldn't be close. Too many people in too small a place brought the orcs down. A long journey then, by herself, and with no idea if the direction she picked was right.

She'd be lucky not to freeze in a storm...or walk into an orc camp.

Inguar might know which way. He was her uncle. He might be willing to let her go without punishing her for her witchery. The others she wasn't so sure of.

How could she get to Inguar, without letting the others get her?

As she thought, Niraya looked back at the tree where Seerah's cat had been watching her. In catlike fashion, it had vanished. Either because it had gone, or because it'd found a better hiding place, she wasn't sure.

"Too bad it's not you, Seerah," she murmured, pressing her fingers to her temples. "I could really use your advice."

Piston Honda

First Post
The horse’s wound being more of a gash than Sialfi’s wound, Seerah’s focused healing manages to begin healing the creature’s flesh and further calming her down.

Sheng and Tekai carry the unconscious Sialfi as Inguar hustles ahead, digging through packs in the back of the cart. As they lay him in the cart, Inguar presents a needle of bone and thread made of horse hair, as well as a small ceramic jar. “I’m afraid my hands aren’t steady enough right now. We need to close the wound, Seerah, or maybe if you can handle the honor, Sheng.” Inguar looks to the sky momentarily, sunlight barely visible through cloud cover and falling snow. “We need to find some place for him to rest and get him warm, there was a cave about a half mile back. We could all use a rest after that excitement, I wager.” He looks once more toward the hill as he speaks of backtracking.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah looks distracted, staring off into the distance, then says, "I intend to find Niraya and bring her back. I do not think she has gone far."

She looks at the small group for a moment, "Tekai, I am sorry for my earlier outburst. I would appreciate your company and protection."

Piston Honda

First Post
Inguar nods at Seerah. His concerned look seems to relax a little before looking to Sheng. “I would appreciate if you could help me out. Perhaps you could tell me where you have come from, traveler.”

[sblock=OOC Voda Vosa]
If you’re helping, you can take 10 on a heal check and successfully stitch Sialfi’s wound.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

Sheng nods closing his eyes. "I'll be honored. It's been some time since I had to stitch wounds that are not my own" the warrior say with a nostalgic air in his voice, evident despite his harsh and unelegant speech pattern. Sheng grabs the needle and slowly but steadily stitches the wound. The pain struck look in the young man face as Sheng stitches probe what the warrior said earlier. Evidently his hands are more suited to brandish a sword.
"You can come to my cave, it's just a few meters ahead to the right hand of the path. It's by a waterfall, so I think it will be more useful for cleaning his wound. Besides I have some timber and a fire pit" Sheng offers. "We can leave the stories to be told by the heat of the fire, eh?" Sheng grabs the elder man by the shoulder in a supportive gesture, he surely seemed in need of support.

Axel

First Post
Tekai nodded at Seerah, and gave her an encouraging smile. "You do what you must Inguar. Seerah and I will find you by sunset. It would be better to go now, before the snow hides her trail."

As loathe as Tekai was to leave perfectly good gear lying in the snow with the Orc bodies, they really didn't have a lot if choice if they were to run Niraya down and get back in daylight. "Come on Seerah. Promise I won't let a snow leopard eat you..."

Piston Honda

First Post
Inguar looks to Tekai and Seerah. "Very good. I will pray for all of your safe return and we will tend to Sialfi."
As Sheng grabs Inguar by the shoulder, Inguar gives him a tired smile. "Well Sheng, that would certainly help to ensure we aren't intruding on anything else." Inguar opens the clay jar, dipping his fingers in and coming up with a salve, he applies it to Sialfi's freshly stitched wound. "A waterfall...there's nothing living under it, is there?" He looks at the stranger with a look of amusement in spite of his obvious worries.

Tekai and Seerah trod up the hill, Niraya's trail is being covered quickly by snow, and nearly mixes in with the trail of the Orcs. Seerah's bond with Asra makes it easy to locate her however. After a short while, Seerah finds Asra, and through the trees they can see Niraya in a clearing ahead, the demon form gone as the girl sits upon a fallen log.

[sblock=OOC Voda]
A lot of old folklore revolves around spirits and monsters in rivers and waterfalls. There's probably nothing under your waterfall.
[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah whispers to Tekai, "Keep your weapon at hand, but lowered. We do not want her to fear us."

Seerah summons Asra to her side, scratching her chin in appreciation, then steps forward into the clearing, "Niraya? It is Seerah. Are you well?"

Axel

First Post
Not sure what to do, Tekai strung his bow before stepping into the clearing. He hovers around the edge of the clearing, uncomfortable and fidgeting. There must be something going on between these two and Inguar. He doesn't seem surprised by everything, and Seerah isn't bothered in the least.

Unsure of his own feelings and thoughts on the afternoon's events, Tekai thinks it wiser to say nothing.

Remove ads