Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

jkason

First Post
Wireth Norin, half-orc falconer

Wireth finds himself out of sorts during the long meal with relative strangers. He tries to keep his eyes and ears open, but with so many humans around chattering, he finds it difficult to focus on any of them, and so stays mostly quiet during the meal.

He lights up at the prospect of a goblin hunt, though mostly because that means leaving town again. Then the small surly female human begins to bristle at the notions of the the voracious, talkative female human, and then the others all begin piping in ... and it sinks in that he won't exactly be alone again if he signs up for this little jaunt. And a lot of the not-alone would be human. His nose was already itching.

"Well, I'm a servicable tracker, and I'm no fan of goblin raiders," Wireth offers cautiously. "If you lot are planning on tromping around out in the wilderness, it's probably best you have someone who lives out there, or you're like to cause more trouble without a guide." He tries not to let his gaze linger too much longer on the humans than the others, offering a nervous smile.

[sblock=ooc]Perception check bleh:

Perception (add +2 for humans) (1d20+6=10)[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Holy...! That's a BIG orc there! thinks Fastus, obviously taken aback. How did he not notice him there before?! Is- Is that the 'Wireth' Sachiko and her brother sometimes mention???

"Suldrel will be coming along," he can't help muttering though, a bit stubborn: he won't have anybody saying the elf is not the best tracker ever!

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth listened as most of the others chimed in. They seemed eager to go goblin hunting. Only Analisse seemed to be uninterested. Probably would rather be reading a book.

"I've never killed anything before, except for chickens and pests. I'll do what I can to help as long as it's for the safety of travelers and the town. I refuse to be a part of genocide. My parents were killed while traveling with a caravan so I understand the need to make sure they're safe."

She took a moment to look at the others sitting around the table. Some she barely knew, a couple of others she knew well. The Orc blooded one she did not know but had heard tales of. Elsbeth wasn't sure if she could trust that one. Her adoptive family had always said that Orcs were mean and evil.

She continued to stare at the half orc for several long seconds before returning her attention to the discussion.

"Is there a plan or are we just going to wander around until we get attacked by the goblins?"

Shayuri

First Post
"I had a plan," Sachiko huffed, "But no one seems to want to do it."

She looked at Ameiko again.

"You're quiet. Too quiet! An imposter!"

Sachiko pounded on the table and pointed. Analisse was quick enough to get her book out of the way this time.

"What have you done with the real Ameiko?!"

G

Guest 11456

After being speechless for a moment, Ameiko tries to answer everyone. "Analisse! I hope you will reconsider. I think it might be an enlightening experience even for you. Oh and good observation about the Licktoads. That is one of the reasons why you would make a good addition to the team. That is good news, Sachiko, I thought you might find it intriguing. I am sorry Fastus but I have other matters to attend to. Perhaps another time in the future. Also good information about the Licktoads and their fireworks. I am glad you will be going as well Suldrel. That is good to hear Elsbeth. Your skills will be helpful. Well Jariah, I did not actually volunteer all of you. I came up with Elsbeth, Fastus and Sachiko. It was Koya that suggested you and Analisse and it was Shalelu who suggested Suldrel and Wireth. I am glad that you are going as well Wireth. Your skills will be helpful as well. Once we know for sure who is going then I will suggest your best course of action. I also have some supplies to help you on your adventure." She just ignores Sachiko's last comment.

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Jariah Knowledge Local]There have been reports that the Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh have grown unusually aggressive. The goblins have somehow managed to arm themselves with what appears to be a considerable supply of fireworks.

Always running at a lean enrollment, Sandpoint’s city watch can’t afford to send patrols into the trackless expanse of Brinestump, although they have stepped up their presence along the Lost Coast Road itself.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Fastus Rumors]It’s been a long time since Old Megus came to town. My neighbor says it’s because she used witch magic to turn into some sort of swamp zombie and now she’s stalking Brinestump looking for people to eat!

Some travelers coming from up coast say they saw a dragon, a big black one, flying around above central Mosswood. Hope they were drunk or something. We don’t need dragons living that close to town![/sblock][sblock=Kaodi Rumors]Some travelers coming from up coast say they saw a dragon, a big black one, flying around above central Mosswood. Hope they were drunk or something. We don’t need dragons living that close to town![/sblock][sblock=Jariah Rumors]That weird halfling who lives at the end of the New Fish Trail in Brinestump Marsh raises snakes as pets. I kid you not! He coddles them like my niece coddles her pet rabbit, Mr. Nibbles! Takes a special kind of weirdo to keep snakes as pets!

A lot of the fishermen been talking about some sort of red seagull they been seeing lately. Thing is, the seagull always seems to show up just before some sort of accident or other bit of bad luck happens. They’ve been calling the thing the "Stoot Bird" of late, saying it’s soaked in blood or something and that the bird’s possessed by that maniac Stoot’s ghost.[/sblock][sblock=Jakira Rumors]The Soggy River Monster was seen again, this time by a fisherman on the New Fish Trail. He said it stood taller than a man, had white skin, and had a mouth that opened up all the way down its neck. It was eating what looked like a goblin on the far side of the river, which is why the farmer managed to escape.

Some travelers coming from up coast say they saw a dragon, a big black one, flying around above central Mosswood. Hope they were drunk or something. We don’t need dragons living that close to town!

A couple of weird holes have shown up in the fields around Pauper’s Graves, and the old tree in the cemetery seems to be leaning funny, almost like something’s been digging around in there. Hope it’s not ghouls![/sblock][sblock=Wireth Rumors]The Licktoad Goblins have never been much of a problem before, but now that they’ve found all those fireworks, they seem braver, that’s for sure. Some folks say that they’ve even learned how to make them, and that they’re getting ready to set Sandpoint on fire!

It’s been a long time since Old Megus came to town. My neighbor says it’s because she used witch magic to turn into some sort of swamp zombie and now she’s stalking Brinestump looking for people to eat![/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Analisse looks up from her conversation (one-sided thus far) with the feline eidolon and sighs heavily, "Well I suppose if you put it that way. Besides, it seems as though this motley assembly could benefit from my expertise."

Remove ads