WOIN Character Generation feedback

A few things:

1) With health do you roll your END dice or dice equal to your END stat?

2) The character sheet has the wrong calculations for defences

3) There are two ways to develop your Psi: being a psionic race or a human Talent with +1 psi for your species ability. Should there be another way to develop your psi?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A few things:

1) With health do you roll your END dice or dice equal to your END stat?

People have been trying both in playtests. I'd be interested in feedback on whichever you try! Too high, too low, about right?

2) The character sheet has the wrong calculations for defences

Thanks. Editing the sheets is quite work intensive, so they don't get updated quite as often as the documents do.

3) There are two ways to develop your Psi: being a psionic race or a human Talent with +1 psi for your species ability. Should there be another way to develop your psi?

There are psionic careers also. There will likely be more psionic content later (as you can see, the powers chapter only has a small number of powers so far) but I haven't had any feedback on the basic starting system yet, so I've held off building on it. If you try it, please do let me know how it goes!

END 5 gives 3 dice, giving between 3 and 18 health. With the triple END rule there's really no point in rolling. So unless that changes, it may as well be the same as Cr. or triple END.

My point with the psionic careers is they all require PSI 2+, so there are only the two ways to actually get into them.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
END 5 gives 3 dice, giving between 3 and 18 health. With the triple END rule there's really no point in rolling. So unless that changes, it may as well be the same as Cr. or triple END.

Heh, yep, I can do the math! :)

It's playtest feedback I was after. In other word, for END 5, 15 health vs. 18 or so. It's really not a big difference (3 points or so, or the equivalent of about one damage dice) so it won't affect things *that* much.

My point with the psionic careers is they all require PSI 2+, so there are only the two ways to actually get into them.

Yes, there are currently very few ways to get into psionic careers. There will be more if/when I get enough feedack on the psionic system to start building on it a bit more.

Last edited:

Mark Essel

Villager
Just rolled health 2 End dice, 3 will dice and 1 Hardy, total 18 which is greater than 10. Also rolled psionic pool 6d6 for 12points. Right now I'm hoping the character meets an untimely fate so I can reroll is this intended, or is there a moderate pool generation system for health and psionic points?

Mark Essel

Villager
We did!

I'll summarize here for future visitors (I posted here earlier than figured you may see my mention on Twitter)

In Morrus' homegame he allows rolls less than average (3.5 per die round total down? To nearest) to be average instead so no poor rolls can create a very challenged character - unless that's what the player is looking for. This could he codified in an update for future players.

My GM opted to force me to keep the original rolls :(

Mongolia_Jones

First Post
I'm the type of GM that believes player PCs are the cream of the crop, otherwise why else play an RPG game?

I'm allowing 4 points per die in my games for health and PSI points. (Of course I will still stick with 3.5 on DEFENSE)

In my experience, players who roll an average of 2 on the dice (six sided) don't care as much for their character and don't really try to save their character when things get rough, further jeopardizing the rest of the group at times. It's just not worth it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases