The Return of Akivasha: The Lost Hyborian Tales

Water Bob

Adventurer
Looks like it's a self-published novel and the first of a series, maybe a trilogy. I don't know more than what I see on the Amazon page.

The Return of Akivasha: Book One of the Lost Hyborian Tales

Looks like the story is not about Conan The Barbarian, but from looking a the sneak peek, our favorite Barbarian is certainly mentioned.

For those who don't know, Akivasha is mentioned in Robert E. Howard's only Conan novel, called The Hour of the Dragon.

OTHER RECENT HYBORIAN AGE NOVELS

There were twelve novels (four trilogies) written about a decade ago to promote the Age of Conan MMO game. These are set when Conan is king of Aquilonia, but Conan is not a major character in any of them. I've only read the one that features the Cimmerian Kern, and I was shocked to find that the book is pretty doggone good.

Here are the four first books in each series:

Blood of Wolves, by Loren L. Coleman

The God In The Moon, by Richard A. Knaack

Ghost of the Wall, by Jeff Mariotte

Scion of the Serpent, by J. Steven York

Then, Michael Stackpole wrote the novelization to the recent 2011 film. His book is better than the film. It fills in a lot of holes in the film.

Conan The Barbarian, by Michael Stackpole

The only other recent Conan tale is Turtledove's entry, which focuses on a young Conan (about 15 years old by the time the book ends) when he leaves his clan in Cimmeria. Many Conan fans do not like this novel, but I thought it was a pretty good read.

Conan of Venarium, by Harry Turtledove

Last edited:

Remove ads