It might be a good idea to hoard Sriracha sauce

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It was declared a public nuisance because the fumes it releases burns eyes and throat of residents living near its factory.

I hope all goes well, if not, Iwill miss you, you cheap cheap spicy sauce.

o-SRIRACHA-facebook.jpg

Serendipity

Explorer
No, no, they can't have my Sriracha sauce. Cold dead fingers and all that....Seriously though, all the world's Sriracha sauce comes from the same place? Weird.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No, no, they can't have my Sriracha sauce. Cold dead fingers and all that....Seriously though, all the world's Sriracha sauce comes from the same place? Weird.

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that Sriracha is like Tabasco- a brand, not a sauce type. So all of it could very well be produced in one factory.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that Sriracha is like Tabasco- a brand, not a sauce type.

The vast majority of the sriracha consumed from the US is from one company, but they are by no means the only producers in the world. Apparently, the sauce in general dates back to the 1930s, but the particular "Rooster Sauce" brand that is trendy at the moment only got started in 1983.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
My wife would be sad if that sauce went away.

And yet ironically happier because then she wouldn't get heartburn from eating it like she has begun to get.

Remove ads