D&D 5E PAX East D&D game video

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Given how Polymorph worked, I guess they're still using the rules from the latest playtest packet?
It's definitely newer than that. Jim cast detect thoughts and Omin cast revivify. Neither of those were in the playtest. Also, when Morgan showed her spell page to the camera, it was in a different format ("Components: V, S").

I think Chris just didnt care too much about getting the rules right.

Li Shenron

Legend
I dunno; I think Jim actually died and Omin had to bring him back to life.

We cannot really know. The DM didn't even say/roll what was the poison effect or damage IIRC. But the PC had 32hp, and in order to die (with the current rule) he would need to take 32 additional damage below 0 in one blow, not the case with the current Wyvern. Technically, if he doesn't get to -32 (virtually, since we don't count negative hp anymore) in one blow, he won't die yet, he has a few rounds of death rolls, and a single Spare the Dying brings him back to 1hp.

Maybe the wyvern poison is now a save-or-die, but IMO the DM just handwaved the whole thing and said he was dead even if he was not, because the DM had planned for the whole encounter to go exactly like that... it was clearly impossible for them, 3 of which "died", and the last PC was left standing so that the evil guys could do their speech, after which everybody up again.

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, I think that whole encounter was a set-up. You notice how he conveniently took out all of the PCs except for the cleric, at which point the NPCs stopped fighting, gave him a warning, then left him to revive his comrades.

Remove ads