24: Live Another Day Season 9 Episode 1 Day 9: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM; Day 9: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Day 9: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM; Day 9: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM

Another eventful day in the life of Jack Bauer begins with the heroic agent-turned-fugitive in a race against the clock to save the world while simultaneously staying on the run from the CIA. Set four years after the "24" finale, the series opener finds Jack putting his freedom on the line by coming out of hiding in London to try and prevent a major terrorist attack.moreless

24.jpg

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me? I had to give up by episode 4, when all the characters had behaved like total idiots, but only one had been killed for such extreme stupidity and lack of foresight. It seemed like coincidence driven to extremes as required major plot.

I'm serious: this is a request for information/explanation, and not flame-baiting or trolling.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Cause Jack Bauer is bad-ass. :)

I watched the new season. I wasn't impressed with the last season or two before it went off there air, but I still watched them and of course when I heard it was coming back I was still interested in watching it again.

Jack treated Chloe pretty bad in this episode, which surprised me.

I don't even remember what happened with Audrey that was so long ago... They needed like a 15 minute "This is what happened 4 years ago when the show was last one" preview or something.

And dang... whatshisname is starting to look kinda old. He doesn't quite look like he could kick as much butt as he could when the show was on last.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Let me guess - the clearly missing post is Sabrina ranting about how awful it is?

Anyway. It was OK. I'm not sure how loads of Americans in nondescript warehouses is supposed to convince us it's London, except for the long distance setting shot every 15 mins.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, overall I liked the show. I had plenty of cool moments where Jack kicks butt and it was one of those shows where except for a few very select few, pretty much anything can happen to anyone. So you didn't necessarily know what was going to happen because there were twists, both in plot and because suddenly people you didn't expect to die were killed.

The storylines ranged from sorta meh to really interesting, but overall it always kept my interest, though the last couple of seasons it was really hard to do that.

The most annoying thing about the show, and I think most people will agree with me, were the side plots. I have to admit I didn't even realize until a long time into the show that the side plots were there to help fill in the time. Do we really want to watch Jack driving twenty minutes to get to the target? No, not really. And how can we have action when we're waiting for him to get to the action? Well, we'll just have his daughter Kim get into trouble and do something stupid.

So I could see how some people might not like it. But I did. I like the action well enough and the plots well enough and the suspense well enough to keep watching even through the dreadful moments, but for some, I guess they're unable to.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, the newest season ended.

Was it good?

I actually enjoyed it. There were definitely a couple of points where I couldn't wait until the next week to see what happened. And there wasn't all the wasted time like with Kim and all the stupid stuff they had her do.

But the ending annoyed me. Why does every season end with something bad happening to Jack? I wish for once he could live happily ever after. He got a Presidential Pardon and I was like NICE! but then the ending made that sort of pointless...

Janx

Hero
Well, the newest season ended.

Was it good?

I actually enjoyed it. There were definitely a couple of points where I couldn't wait until the next week to see what happened. And there wasn't all the wasted time like with Kim and all the stupid stuff they had her do.

But the ending annoyed me. Why does every season end with something bad happening to Jack? I wish for once he could live happily ever after. He got a Presidential Pardon and I was like NICE! but then the ending made that sort of pointless...

I must've missed him getting a pardon. I just finished the last episode on DVR last night.

The thing that struck me about this season was that Jack was more hardcore with the bad guys. At the end of each boss fight, he chose to execute. Interesting.

Remove ads