So... Continuity changes? Do we need a forum group hug or support group?

LordPwnington

First Post
Personally, I've always considered the EU the main "meat" of the Star Wars universe, and the movies are just cool bonuses that cover a few important events (like the Clone Wars and the deaths of Vader and Sidious). I think that's because I watched the movies when I was a little kid and didn't pay attention to the story at all (what eight-year-old cares about story when there's robots and lasers and spaceships?) until I started playing the video games like Knights of the Old Republic and Force Unleashed. When I watch the movies, I can never see them as the defining events of the Star Wars universe, instead I see them as a consequence of all the various Sith Wars.

As for the new Disney canon, I see it kind of like the newer Star Trek movies. It's a new way to approach an old franchise, and if I like what I see, I'll try to work it into my games. I don't actually expect to have many issues with it conflicting with my idea of "what happened", because post-Episode VI is actually the one era I never really gave a crap about (probably because I tend not to read novels and most of the video games covering that era are old). I'm a KotOR kid, and they've pretty much ignored the KotOR era in most stuff so far, so I don't expect this to be any different.

Remove ads