So... Continuity changes? Do we need a forum group hug or support group?

So yeah, since the old continuity is gone and thanks to JJ Abrams, I now have access to the entire official Canon of Star Wars... what does that mean for SW games here?

More specifically (hi-larious thread title notwithstanding) HOW is it affecting YOU?

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Clone Wars exists, and both trilogies (Ep 1-6), but zero novels and NO GAMES, including SWSE lore. I like my little collection of SWSE books, and I enjoyed Thrawn.

That said, there was a lot on wookiepedia that I didn't like, bits of "lore" that really turned me off, even excluding the prequels (some of which were fine movies).

Is the EU just an Infinities setting that's really big? Or will you just keep going with the EU continuity?

Personally, i think it is good they are ignoring the EU. For thoseof us that never got into it or really saw the point, it just feels like needless canon. To me all that matters are the movies.

Personally, i think it is good they are ignoring the EU. For thoseof us that never got into it or really saw the point, it just feels like needless canon. To me all that matters are the movies.

There is a difference between mostly ignoring the EU and trying to section it off as an alternate universe. If they are going to cover plots that are already covered in the EU, I would prefer them to stick more or less to what's already established. They could simply go a different route and ignore the EU.

bone_naga

Explorer
I like the EU, there's a ton of material for it, and I already prefer to pretend that the prequel trilogy didn't happen, so ignoring the new movies (for gaming purposes, I'll still watch them of course) isn't going to be much of a stretch.

fjw70

Adventurer
I am really looking forward to the new continuity. This fall they start filling in the post-RotJ era and I can't wait.

I dislike the EU and only occasionally use things from it for my games. I won't miss it.

However, I am sympathetic to the trauma that long-time fans of EU material must be going through. Sorry, guys. :(

Riley

Legend
Star Wars has needed to be a pick-and-choose universe for quite some time now (for me).

In my Star Wars, only the original version of the original movie is canon. Plus Jaxxon.

fjw70

Adventurer
So, how about Han Solo's (new) wife? Huh?

I don't know if that counts as canon or not.

Yep, all the comic book stories are canon. We will have to wait to see if she really is his wife or just calls herself that. Maybe an ex-wife.

I love the redoing of the EU. I really liked a lot of those stories but the fresh start is exciting.

Remove ads