Dawn of the Warforged

TillForPie

First Post
Valharath makes a gentle shhhh noise and lifts an empty hand to display his palm to the machine. "We're not your enemies. I am Valharath, Lightbringer, and this," he gestures to his companion, "is Rothitash."

"I can't provide you with any answers - we're as confused as you are." Though as confused as he says, Valharath's voice and seeming remain tranquil. Valharath is attractive like most of his kind and has something of an otherworldly presence that makes gauging his age difficult. Tall and lithe, he is devoid of fat and poorly muscled, the result of a lifetime of fasting and meditation. He wears soft sandals and loose, billowing robes that expose most of his upper body, revealing a glyph of a light-radiating crystal encased in fire that has been tattooed across his chest. His staff and clothing are all he has with him. "How did you come to be here?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmake companion Trundle

"Traxxas d'Cannith bid us to explore the ruins, my squad and me. We encountered some ruins, some strange engravings on the wall depicting warforged, some guardian that formed out of the rubble on the floor that meant to destroy us, and there was someone in the other room whom Zeta and Muncher were engaging. Did you see the Cannith camp as you came in?" She looks around, eyes alighting on the patina on herself, and then starts to scrounge through the mud and swamp ooze. The others had to be there. She was the lightest of the group, surely the others had just sunk down farther.

Surely.

Surely they had not been deactivated permanently.

Surely she was not alone...

"The others, I was with four other warforged," she says, hands pawing through the muck.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
After a few seconds of raking through the mud with her fingers they bump into something hard and familiar. A few frantic minutes of digging reveal the mangled but possibly still functioning form of Alecto, with Glitch lying nearby, also heavily damaged but with all bits and pieces still marginally intact.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmate companion Trundle

Facet doesn't need to breathe a sigh of relief - she always found the gesture incomprehensible, but the emotional sensation was surely similar as her questing hands found her companions. For the moment, the strangers were to be ignored. She could not deal with unknown humans and save her friends at the same time.

"Trundle, there you are... Good boy." She pats the homunculus fondly and he throws open his lid, handing her more of the paper-wrapped grease globs used to repair warforged. With care, she plasters them over the worst of the damage, letting the magic inside infuse into her companions' bodies.

OOC: Repair Light Damage for everyone! A 4th-level one, even!

Shayuri

First Post
The lights in Alecto's eyes flickers once...twice...then ignite, though weakly. It slowly sits up, unhealthy grinding noises emanating from its joints. Its once silvery, almost mirrorlike hide is hidden under caked grime and mud and lichens. The warforged looks more like some kind of swamp elemental now, but it is aware again.

"Facet," says the metal warrior dazedly. "I was...preparing to engage the enemy. I apologize. I wasn't strong enough. Their attack must have overwhelmed me in one blow."

It looked around.

"It is good you won without me, though I don't like that it implies you have no need of me."

Finally Alecto's gradual coming to terms with its environment expanded to include its own condition.

"Why am I covered in mud? And who are these?"

The presence of others did not seem to worry Alecto. They were in the presence of Facet, and Facet didn't seem to mind them, therefore they must be allies.

[roll0]

(OOC - Alecto is at 3 HP)

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Glitch

There was no sense of "waking up", at least not in the way that Glitch thought such a thing would feel like. It was more a feeling of his awareness returning from nothingness -- but even that was not entirely accurate, because there was more than nothingness; a powerful presence, whispering indescipherable secrets beyond the edge of consciousness. Mentally grasping at this being, these words, became increasingly like trying to grab hold of smoke.

When all this was only the tiniest of memories, Glitch regained his sight, hearing, and the gentle sensation of repair globs being applied to his damaged frame. Anger flared, and for a moment, so did the otherwise faint red glow underneath the metal parts of his body. How dare they keep him from learning about powerful eldritch secrets!

The feeling quickly faded, however, as he saw the situation they were in. "What happened?" Glitch asked of nobody in particular, while getting upright and cleaning the worst of the mud and grime off yet making sure the just-applied globs stayed in place.

OOC:
1d8+4 = 4+4 = 8 (1d8+4=8)
Glitch is also at 3 hp.

TillForPie

First Post
Valharath watches as the warforged awaken and repair themselves. If he's wondering if waking them was a mistake, it doesn't show. He leans on his staff and nods to each as they rise from the muck like newborns. His communication to Rothitash is unspoken, projected mentally from his own mind to his companion's: I wonder how many there are?

Rubberneck

First Post
Rothitash watches curiously as the warforged awaken. Rothitash steps along side his companion and give him an uncertain look, and replies wordlessly, "too many, I hope they don't have any ideas of hostility."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforced psionic artificer with packmate companion Trundle

The lights in Alecto's eyes flickers once...twice...then ignite, though weakly. It slowly sits up, unhealthy grinding noises emanating from its joints. Its once silvery, almost mirrorlike hide is hidden under caked grime and mud and lichens. The warforged looks more like some kind of swamp elemental now, but it is aware again.

"Facet," says the metal warrior dazedly. "I was...preparing to engage the enemy. I apologize. I wasn't strong enough. Their attack must have overwhelmed me in one blow."

It looked around.

"It is good you won without me, though I don't like that it implies you have no need of me."

Finally Alecto's gradual coming to terms with its environment expanded to include its own condition.

"Why am I covered in mud? And who are these?"

The presence of others did not seem to worry Alecto. They were in the presence of Facet, and Facet didn't seem to mind them, therefore they must be allies.

"It is not fault of yours. I think we were all overwhelmed by a force at the same time. We must have sunk into the swamp... and from the patina, for longer than just a few hours."

She looks around at the others, at their slowly-reviving forms, and feels a real sense of relief. They were all right. They would be all right once she had a chance to tend to them. And to herself. She turned, and Trundle had already anticipated her need, holding out another repair glob. She smoothed it down what almost felt like a crack in her skull, and felt relief as the stored magic mended her.

"Glitch, Alecto, these people are Valharath, Lightbringer, and his companion Rothitash. They also claim ignorance for their appearance here."

She feels stable enough to stand, and does so, ignoring the faint unease at seeing the red crystal in here where she had always been blue and purple before.

"What were you doing when you came here? Did you see the Cannith camp outside?"

[sblock]Get back 8hp.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher (at 5 hp)

Muncher's inmense frame came up suddenly, covered in mud and vegetation. His eyes flare behind the muck, his jaws open and his hands look for his weapon. "Hah! Thats all you got? You'll have to do better to defeat Muncher, you skinny meat bag!" Muncher shouted, stumbling to his feet.
But there was no enemy there in the room he was in. "What..." he asked to none in particular.

[roll0]

He then felt his joints hard and stiff, he looked at the several things growing over him, and at his degraded pack of stuff. His throwing axes were little more than a chunk of oxidized metal, and his masterwork falichon would need a lot of work to become useful again. The guisarme was useless, only the head remained. His cloack , shield and scimitar were untouched, as his plating. Granted, it would need some polishing, but adamantine didn't suffer from oxide as iron did. "What happened here? I demand an explanation!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases