Ink-less metal pen

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, thinking as an electrician, and considering where you live, I merged the two thought together and came up with that.

Scott DeWar

Why do I need this?

Writing in cold or wet conditions is a great plus.

Why would I do that?

Because one day you will have to write underwater.

Damn you, Global Warming! Why do you have to melt the ice caps!?

Because the earth is in a state of cooling down ans it does so the oceans release energy as evaporation and it rains and causes global flooding.

Scott DeWar

IIRC, first law of thermal dynamics: Everything is in a state of cooling down. [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION], or someone?

IIRC, first law of thermal dynamics: Everything is in a state of cooling down. <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@Umbran<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->, or someone?
Well, Nelly disagrees, so they're wrong.

Mod Note: Sorry, but the lyrics and images in that video aren't appropriate for EN World. Video removed. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
IIRC, first law of thermal dynamics: Everything is in a state of cooling down. [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION], or someone?

Real science answer? No.

Very broadly, and leaving out several details, the laws of thermodynamics are:

First Law of Thermodynamics: Heat is energy. In a closed system, energy is conserved.
Second Law of Thermodynamics: The entropy of a closed system will not decrease over time.
Third Law of Thermodynamics: The entropy of a *perfect* crystal, at *exactly* absolute zero temperature, is exactly zero. (And, as a practical matter - since you don't get perfect crystals and really exactly absolute zero temperature, you can't get to really zero entropy).

Note that the first two explicitly mention a "closed system". That has a particular meaning, and before you start talking about thermodynamics, you have to make sure you know your'e talking about a closed system. In a non-closed system, you can have things that seem to violate one of the laws, because there's an energy source or sink you aren't taking into consideration. The Earth, taken in isolation floating out in space, is not a closed system. It has this big ball of nuclear-powered plasma fire pouring energy down on it.

If you want to talk about "everything", the operative thing isn't "cooling down". That is the means to an end. We are heading toward increasing entropy, or decreased order. Having energy concentrated in one small area is an ordered state, so we tend to move away from that - the energy tends to spread and even out - what you and I perceive as "cooling down".

Last edited:

Remove ads