Pathfinder 1E According to... uh the guy who pickled us.

I've used Hero Lab to get "ideas" for equipment (since our group leader seems to love business/buying more than doing... Unless its killing things)

At the moment we've traveled a "stair case" that landed us 1000 years in the past, and he's trying to collect every powerful caster known to aid in building his "citadel" out of the mountain where the thing was... emphasis =was=

long story short we've unleashed a turasque an ancient black dragon and destroyed the manna-well that fed the tree of life that kept all these things balanced. ... did i mention i was a druid.

My +5 Keen Merciful Silver Scimitar is just not .. dealing with the problems thrown at us now. (+5 1d6 +15 +1d6 nonlethal 23/23/20 crit on 14+ for x2) GM is throwing Hydras and Chrono-mages at us -just- because a certain someone 'broke' the game.

Suggested to GM that a quest to Elysium is in order to find the "white tree" (paueliel, "druids who have chosen to remain within the next life") intelligent armor/shield shaped by the tree itself...

also, the chronomage.. he keeps saying "we need to talk" and the monk freaks and grabs every then teleports with dimension door or boots of teleport.

at any rate, since my blade isn't meant for killing.. and since I've got the branch of life + the acorn of the world tree.. would it be.. an error if I ordered a +1 Speedy Devastating Adamantine Scimitar of Keen (basically chop off parts on a 14 + do 20/20/14 per-d20 con dmg.. it's like life and death blades)

I dunno.. I usually keep my mouth shut. A trip to the heavens and an exceptional blacksmith+charges (all of that is in our hands.. using the scrolls and slave-sorceress plus the blacksmith that owes us life debts and favors for getting him to the island he wants..) .. sigh..

at a glimps the armor is intelligent with an ego of 24, plus a sheild from the same ego 18.. puts my armor at 47.. the blade can't crit on a black dragon or turasque but it may do enough if its con dmg.. only other option is vorpal.. but that relighs on a straight 20...

ah.. damn.. I rambled.

Henry

Autoexreginated
It's no Timecube, but it's a good start.

Could you possibly rephrase your question? If i think i read it correctly, you're wondering if it would be out of character to manufacture or commission a deadlier weapon to be more appropriate to the level of carnage your group has unleashed (intentional or not i can't tell).

My answer is that it's a question for which only you can provide an answer. Sometimes, even Good men go to war.

Pretty good Patrick Rothfuss quote: "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
Pickled as in preserved, by going back in time 1000 years. And it sounds like the BBEG wanted to collect them like trophies, stuffed, perhaps in pickling brine.

What level is your group? What classes do the other players have?

I've used Hero Lab to get "ideas" for equipment (since our group leader seems to love business/buying more than doing... Unless its killing things)

I'm a little bit confused. If your group leader likes buying equipment, shouldn't they be dealing with items? Is the group leader the chronomage?

At the moment we've traveled a "stair case" that landed us 1000 years in the past, and he's trying to collect every powerful caster known to aid in building his "citadel" out of the mountain where the thing was... emphasis =was=

long story short we've unleashed a turasque an ancient black dragon and destroyed the manna-well that fed the tree of life that kept all these things balanced. ... did i mention i was a druid.

That would tend to tick off the other druids. Expect a Godzilla dance party.

My +5 Keen Merciful Silver Scimitar is just not .. dealing with the problems thrown at us now. (+5 1d6 +15 +1d6 nonlethal 23/23/20 crit on 14+ for x2) GM is throwing Hydras and Chrono-mages at us -just- because a certain someone 'broke' the game.

Alright. Adapt.

Suggested to GM that a quest to Elysium is in order to find the "white tree" (paueliel, "druids who have chosen to remain within the next life") intelligent armor/shield shaped by the tree itself...

Sounds like a cool plan. Go there, do a quest, get some treasure, fix the world and maybe the other druids might forgive you.

also, the chronomage.. he keeps saying "we need to talk" and the monk freaks and grabs every then teleports with dimension door or boots of teleport.

Are those two related things? Does the monk freak every time the chronomage says that? Why doesn't the chronomage ready an action to stop the escape the next time they say that? Or just talk when the monk isn't around. What does the chronomage want to talk about?

(As mentioned above, the monk cannot abduct people like that.)

at any rate, since my blade isn't meant for killing.. and since I've got the branch of life + the acorn of the world tree.. would it be.. an error if I ordered a +1 Speedy Devastating Adamantine Scimitar of Keen (basically chop off parts on a 14 + do 20/20/14 per-d20 con dmg.. it's like life and death blades)

I don't know what you mean by "order". Do you mean shopping? The druids are kind of angry with you, they won't be selling you anything. You also probably can't just buy such a weapon anyway, as magic shops usually have a limit based on the size of the area you're in.

As a high-level druid, you don't even need a weapon. Due to wildshape you are a weapon. Get yourself a really good Amulet of Mighty Fists instead, and use elemental wildshape for a bunch of bonuses including damage reduction.

And of course, you're a powerful spellcaster. You're not a fighter. Save your money for something that enhances your basic druidness. A staff might help, specifically a staff that you can use to cast spells, specifically the type that screw over whatever your DM likes to throw at you. Even Greater Magic Weapon is a good one. You could get a +1 Amulet of Mighty Fists with all the trimming (equivalent of +6 or greater weapon) and still get your +5 to hit and damage after casting the spell three times or so.

at a glimps the armor is intelligent with an ego of 24, plus a sheild from the same ego 18.. puts my armor at 47

Your AC is irrelevant against a tarrasque. You're a druid. You can fly, walk on clouds, turn into wind... how is the tarrasque coming anywhere near you? AC will be very important against a dragon though.

.. the blade can't crit on a black dragon or turasque but it may do enough if its con dmg.. only other option is vorpal.. but that relighs on a straight 20...

The blade, as mentioned above, just isn't relevant. You should be smacking that dragon out of the sky with spells. Even a big dragon is going to face some sort of challenge from a Control Weather spell.

What level is your group? What classes do the other players have?

most are 12 ish, dwarf monk, human ranger, human druid,human priest, ogre fighter/w kobold child (Mergull do?)

I'm a little bit confused. If your group leader likes buying equipment, shouldn't they be dealing with items? Is the group leader the chronomage?

not items "owning" and no, chrono mage is irate trying to stop us from making a bigger mess

That would tend to tick off the other druids. Expect a Godzilla dance party.

mighty fist? so go half monk? through gear not class...

Sounds like a cool plan. Go there, do a quest, get some treasure, fix the world and maybe the other druids might forgive you.

o... that. i do try to stop them, but i tend to roll 1s at the important times. instead of shaking a hand, i rip it off...

As a high-level druid, you don't even need a weapon. Due to wildshape you are a weapon. Get yourself a really good Amulet of Mighty Fists instead, and use elemental wildshape for a bunch of bonuses including damage reduction.

we do/did have a scroll.. could carry components to an outer plane my wild shape left me with a bit of PTSD... was trying to shift to dragon, botch, became every creature i'd ever seen.

oh.. ya, the tuasq -ate- my spells. no worries, i've some black pudding ready

as for what i can -do- in the game, it is written in the books. having rules is what makes it fun, because without the rules God would show up and say "hold on, i wanna play too"

Last edited:

mighty fist? so go half monk? through gear not class...

It's just a (poorly-named) amulet. It's as useful for a druid as for a monk.

o... that. i do try to stop them, but i tend to roll 1s at the important times. instead of shaking a hand, i rip it off...

That's just part of the game. Nothing can be done about it, except spells usually only require rolls from the opponent.

we do/did have a scroll..

Of which spell?

my wild shape left me with a bit of PTSD... was trying to shift to dragon, botch, became every creature i'd ever seen.

I hope that was your decision (to inflict PTSD on your character) and not the DM's decision!

oh.. ya, the tuasq -ate- my spells. no worries, i've some black pudding ready

I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean your character is no longer a spellcaster? Seems more than a little unfair.

Remove ads