O.M.F(oodin')G(oodness)!!!

Dioltach

Legend
First off, I read the blurb in the link but I didn't watch the YouTube vid. But as a serious foodie, i hav to say that there are better ways of eating. It seems like there's an Internet-borne attitude that fattier and griesier is manlier, and therefore better. Like it's a point of pride to eat lage amounts of deep-fried food to be seen as more macho.

As a European, I've repeatedly been amazed by the portion sizes in the US. A starter of hot wings would be more than enough for three, none of being dainty little eaters. And that's a standard healthy meal. Is it really a good thing to boast about ever larger portions of ever unhealthier food?

Sero

First Post
I do find a certain morbid fascination in their creations, and I'd be lying if I said I'd not try a bite of a few of their finer abominations. But a TV show? I can't see it getting more then a single season, but then again who knows. We do pay regular homage to the gods of bacon and all things deep fried over here, maybe it will find an audience.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to be a single season show. I watched the premiere episodes, and don't think I'll watch another.

Epic Meal Time isn't something that can hold people's attention for long. It's a bunch of guys making ridiculous food that increases your cholesterol just by watching it. There is only so many times you can watch these guys throw hamburgers, sausages, bacon, and other meat products into a stove and eat it when it's cooked. Honestly, I'd be amazed if they made it passed the midway point in the season.

Remove ads