D&D 5E Legends & Lore 7/21/14

the Jester

Legend
Cool, an actual tease of something that's not in Basic!

I am sad to note the lack of an Arcane Archer feat. And I wish that they'd shown us an actual sample feat, so we could see about where the power level is. EDIT: Mostly because I want to start working on custom feat conversions of my homebrew material. :)

Last edited:

The Hitcher

Explorer
Let the wild speculation about what they actually do commence!

I can't really imagine choosing ability bumps over feats, to be honest. Flavour is so much more fun than just being slightly numerically better at stuff.

Wait, is Lucky seriously "always roll an extra die on attacks, saves, and checks"? He did not list a number of times per day or per encounter, did he?

That's crazy. Like, good crazy. I'll now be disappointed if it is limited in how often it occurs.

I really like what we're seeing here, though I, too, am a bit surprised by the absence of an Arcane Archer feat. Seemed like everyone's been talking about it.

Can I ask, if one of you has access to the last playtest draft it appeared in, to please share the details of it here? :heh:

Wait, is Lucky seriously "always roll an extra die on attacks, saves, and checks"? He did not list a number of times per day or per encounter, did he?

That's crazy. Like, good crazy. I'll now be disappointed if it is limited in how often it occurs.

I don't think he meant that to be a comprehensive description of the feat, Wick. You might oughta prepare yourself for disappointment. ;)

Though I could be wrong, of course.

The Hitcher

Explorer

Would be preeetty surprised if that was the case. "Here, have advantage on everything, all of the time...".

Ichneumon

First Post
Would be preeetty surprised if that was the case. "Here, have advantage on everything, all of the time...".

Even better. It's not actually advantage, so you can get it even if you already have advantage on your roll.
But there will be limits - otherwise we'll all be getting that feat!

Talath

Explorer
I really like what we're seeing here, though I, too, am a bit surprised by the absence of an Arcane Archer feat. Seemed like everyone's been talking about it.

Can I ask, if one of you has access to the last playtest draft it appeared in, to please share the details of it here? :heh:

Here you go.

Lucky
You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment.

You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.

You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and you choose whether the attack uses the attacker’s roll or yours.

If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled.

You regain your expended luck points when you complete a long rest.

Remove ads