[13th Age] The Big Pile of Everything I've Written for 13th Age so far!

HeavenlyD

First Post
Playing an Aeon Summoner for the first time with some friends this week and having a few questions about how I should go about this.
Will I be able to summon multiple Aeons at once or just an aeon and an elemental(or two)? The hour bonding ritual is kind of making me think it's only meant to be one Aeon at a time, but the daily casting for only one battle kinda seems to put me in a strange spot.

Also, is the bonded spell able to be used at all times or only when I've summoned the Aeon it is bonded with? Is it like a one time deal where every time I bond with an Aeon, I "learn" its bonded spell and have it available from that point on?

mkill

Adventurer
You can summon multiple Aeons at once, but controlling each one requires a standard action. So you leave at least one Aeon uncontrolled, which is not a good idea.
Your Aeons are like daily spells. Use them in the big battles.
You learn the bonded spell when you bond with the Aeon. You can use it any time, at it's normal frequency (daily etc). You don't need to have the Aeon summoned for that.

HeavenlyD

First Post
Playing 13th Age right now. A couple questions have arisen. The class sheet says my aeon goes directly after my turn. Why does it have a built in initiative modifier for each aeon? Also, can I use summon elemental at any time or is it a per battle or daily? What is the transformation roll with the elemental? How does that piece work?

mkill

Adventurer
- A summoned Aeon does not roll its own initiative. The initiative modifier is for the unlikely case where an Aeon is in a battle but it hasn't been summoned.

- The Summon Elemental talent should have "close quarters, daily" in the entry but the text is missing. I'll fix that in the next update.

- "Transformation" refers to an ability in the 13 True Ways monster writeups for these creatures. Elementals you summon with the talent have that ability too, it's just weaker.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases