• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5th Edition -- Help Me Break the Game!

Werebat

Explorer
So now that the books are out and the rules are in our hands, how can we BREAK 'em?

What are some of the rules xxxploitz that we can use to "optimize" (wink) our characters?

I want to know all the stuff I can do to make my DM cry!

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
So now that the books are out and the rules are in our hands, how can we BREAK 'em?

What are some of the rules xxxploitz that we can use to "optimize" (wink) our characters?

Multiclassing is probably your best bet.

Start your wizard with a single level of life cleric and you get heavy armor, healing spells that you can scale up, etc.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
If the worst it's possible to break the game is "wizard gets to wear heavy armor," I'm pretty comfortable saying the game is solidly balanced.

I definitely think they did a better job than 3e, and there are real tradeoffs to any of the "broken" ideas I've seen so far. But to the degree that the game can be broken, it's almost certainly through multiclassing.

Werebat

Explorer
I definitely think they did a better job than 3e, and there are real tradeoffs to any of the "broken" ideas I've seen so far. But to the degree that the game can be broken, it's almost certainly through multiclassing.

So... Good idea for a DM to houserule a ban against multiclassing, then?

Agamon

Adventurer

Grab your DM's book and split it over your knee. The game will be broken, your DM will cry, and there's a lot less wasted time.

Remove ads