LMoP [ooc]

mips42

Adventurer
As the other thread was not 'mine' and the original poster seems to have vanished, I'll create a new one...:erm:

More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its' mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (called the Forge of Spells), where magic items could he crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when ores swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.
A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.
Now there are rumors that the entrance to this wondrous cave may have been found...

If there it still interest in playing The Lost Mine beginning adventure, I'd be willing to run it. I'm toying with the idea of saying pregens only but am not tied to that decision.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
I'd like to get one more if we can, just so that I don't have to re-level the whole thing.
New to PBP is not a problem.
As long as you can separate player knowledge from character knowledge (I'm presuming you can), It's not an issue.
Unlike the other game I am currently running, I figure on this one I'll handle most of the dice rolls to speed things up. But, I'll likely still have players roll for things here and there. If you wan to use actual dice, an online dice roller or dice app on a phone or tablet, it's cool.
I plan on running as much 'theater of the mind' as I can (few, if any maps) which means we all need to be descriptive in what our people look like and are doing. If there is a question of whether or not your character said something, they said it.
I try very hard to let all players have a say in what is happening so, if your character is non-committal or you feel they don;t really have anything to add, I would still like a post saying 'bob the dwarf looks at his party to lead' or something letting me know that you've seen the post but don't really have much to add.
Finally, have fun and don't be a jerk.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I would be interested in playing in LMoPh. I'm currently in only one other game (Li Shenron's "Wolf's Den" here on EN World), so I do have time available for it.

I have the PHB on order, and am tracking it through eBay: it left Des Moines, Iowa, a bit after 2 AM on Thursday, heading for the west coast of the US. I have some understanding of the non-Basic races and classes, but would be happy with a Pre-Gen if that's the criterion. (They are all well-connected to the plot of the piece.)

mips42

Adventurer
That brings us to for possibles and so, the question then becomes 'pregens or full Basic'?
I have no strong feelings either way and would be fine with either. As I don't have the PHB, I'm going to say PHB content is very unlikely to be approved.
Cast a vote and I'll let you have your say. In the event of a tie, my vote is full Basic but keep the adventure hooks from the pregens.

SuperZero

First Post
Full basic, why not?
I'll likely use one of the pre-gens with some tweaking anyway (I don't know the setting well, and they have built-in relevant backgrounds), though.

mips42

Adventurer
Alright then, full Basic it is. Yes, pull relevant background if you can make it fit, if not don't worry too much. Post characters when you're ready.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases