LMoP [ooc]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
With toasterferret pulling back out, is it time to change the title of this thread once again? Perhaps if the title said something like, "RECRUITING A DIFFERENT REPLACEMENT. AGAIN. STILL," then we might get more interest from someone else.

(My guess is that those who saw the first effort to replace SuperZero have stopped reading this thread on account of thinking that toasterferret has it covered.)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Here's another new thought:

If it were hypothetically possible for one or all of the current players to provide a 5E PHB to mips42, would mips42 have the time and will to alter the parameters of the adventure to the degree of allowing non-Basic PCs, with the potential effect that toasterferret might be invited again to complete the party?

mips42

Adventurer
:) I appreciate the thought. I've been considering opening the doors anyways (and allowing existing players to re-spec if they choose).

mips42

Adventurer
Okay. After some consideration, I've decided to open the game to PHB. If any of the existing players would like to change or modify their characters please let me know and we'll work on that. For any prospective players, PHB is fair game. I just ask that you be patient with me as I don't own one.

mips42

Adventurer
no worries. I'd been considering it since the player disappeared. Look forward to resuming play. If it's okay with all, once Ferret's character is done I'll just 'handwave' them in.

toasterferret

Explorer
Quick question, I have no real preference between these options, so what would you guys like to have?

Warlock, Archer Bard, Archer Edritch knight?

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
For my tastes, I would like to see a primary spellcaster. Of the options you listed, the Warlock seems to fit that description best.

Among our existing PCs, our Human Fighter has a longbow and our Halfling Rogue has a shortbow, so we have a fair amount of ranged power; and our dwarf and our cleric have thrown weapons for the same purpose.

toasterferret

Explorer
Introducing Ivan Kakarov, a researcher from Damaran who may have delved too deep into the mysteries of the outer realms.

[SBLOCK=Ivan]
dd336b6cda44b4d33d0b96e931abee.jpg
Name: Ivan Kakarov
Sex: Male
Race: Human (Variant)
Class/Level: Warlock 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Size: Medium
Init: +2
Passive Perception: 13

DEFENSE
AC: 13 (11 Leather Armor, +2 Dex)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Saves: Wisdom & Charisma

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee: Dagger +4 Attack, 1d4+2 Piercing
Ranged: Light Crossbow +4 Attack 1d8+2

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

SKILLS Proficies in bold, 1 Human, 2 Warlock, 2 Background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
+2 (int) History
+1 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial, Deep Speech

BACKGROUND FEATURES Sage
Feature: Researcher
Skill Proficiencies: History, Perception

Traits: I’m convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets.
Ideal: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Bond: I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.
Flaw: The eldritch mysteries I research and my pact with the Old Ones are slowly driving me mad.

Feats:
Spell Sniper:
Double range on attack roll spells, ignore 1/2 and 3/4 cover, learn cantrip (Shocking Grasp)

CLASS FEATURES
- Spellcasting: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +5.
Proficiencies Light armor, simple weapons
Otherworldly Patron (Great Old Ones)
Pact Magic

Spells Known:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Shocking Grasp, Minor Illusion
1st Level: Hex, Dissonant Whispers

Spells per short rest: 1x1st Level

Physical Appearance:
Tall and lanky, Ivan has dark hair and piercing blue eyes. He wears a goate and dresses in robes over leather armor, both of which are in varying states of disarray, depending on the day. He can sometimes be seen reading feverishly out of a heavy leather-bound book when he thinks nobody is watching.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads