LMoP [ooc]

SuperZero

First Post
Started with the pregen wizard and made some changes. I'm flexible, though, so if somebody else wants the wizard I can come up with something different.

T2sr6G.png

Name: Caelynn Amastacia
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard
Alighnment: Chaotic Good
Personality: She uses polysyllabic words that convey the impression of erudition. Also, she's spent so long in study that she has little experience dealing with people on a casual basis.
Ideal: Knowledge. Caelynn believes the path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bond: The tome she carries with her is the record of her life's work so far, and no vault is secure enough to keep it safe.
Flaw: She'll do just about anything to uncover historical secrets that would add to her research.
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 135 lbs
Language: Common, Elvish, Draconic, Dwarvish, and Goblin
Looks: Caelynn is a bit on the short side for an elf, although she's only slim compared to humans. She has dark eyes and long dark hair tied back with a piece of ribbon. Her robe is simple and sturdy, though perhaps somewhat more ornate and colorful than is practical--why not, when she can clean it with magic? She wears leather boots and a plain dark brown cloak.
Background: Sage (Researcher).
Background Feature: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Hit Points: 8/8
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 10 (+0)
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 12 AC (15 w/Mage Armor)
Hit Dice: 1d6
Saving Throws: Str -1, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +5, Wis +3, Cha +0
Passive Wisdom (Perception): 13
Wizard Features:
Arcane Recovery: Caelynn can regain some of her magical energy by studying her spellbook. Once per day during a short rest, she can choose to recover expended spell slots with a combined level equal to or less than half her wizard level rounded up (1).
Elf Features:
Darkvision: She sees in dim light within a 60-foot radius of her as if it were bright light, and in darkness in that radius as if it were dim light. She can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Fey Ancestry: She has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put her to sleep.
Trance: Elves don't need to sleep. They meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day and gain the same benefit a human does from 8 hours of sleep.

Proficiency - Skills: Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature, and Perception
Proficiency - Armor: None
Proficiency - Weapons: Daggers, darts, light crossbows, longbows, longswords, slings.
Proficiency - Tools: None
Skills: Acrobatics (+2), Animal Handling (+1), Arcana (+5), Athletics (-1), Deception (+0), History (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+0), Investigation (+5), Medicine (+1), Nature (+5), Perception (+3), Performance (+0), Persuasion (+0), Religion (+3), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), Survival (+1)

Melee Attack: Dagger (+4; 1d4+2 Piercing; melee or thrown 20/60)
Spell Attack: +5
Spell Saving Throw DC: 13
Spellcasting:
Cantrips: Mage Hand (V, S), poison spray (V, S), prestidigitation (V, S), ray of frost (V, S)
Spellbook: Detect magic (V, S; ritual), mage armor (V, S, M), magic missile (V, S), shield (V, S), sleep (V, S, M), thunderwave (V, S)
Spell Slots: 2/2 1st-level
Spells Prepared (4): Mage armor, shield, sleep, thunderwave

Wealth: 10 gp
Equipment: Total weight/carrying capacity - 120 lbs (Push/Drag/Lift 240 lb)
Dagger
Spellbook
Arcane Focus (Crystal)
A backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
A bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you
have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch
A book that tells the story of a legendary hero's rise and fall, with the last chapter missing

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'm working on one, but I'm doing it by hand from source documents, and I have to jump around a lot to find information. This may take a while.
(If someone else wants to build a cleric, I can try a halfling fighter instead.)

Concept: "Eddicus Deane," CG Human Criminal Cleric of Oghma -- looking to include the "Reconsecrate the Defiled Altar" plot hook from the pre-gens.

He's in favor of better times for civilization, but he finds entrenched interests getting in the way of the spread of knowledge. ("They burn the books they don't agree with!")

Consequently, he smuggles--rare books at first, but other things later. He's always looking to set up contacts and safe locations along alternate pathways that might have good potential for development. ("If they don't know you have the book, they won't be coming around to grab it for their bonfire.")

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eddicus Deane, CG Human Criminal Cleric of Oghma
Human feature: +1 to each ability score. Point buy (27 points) gives this:
Code:
ABILITY SCORES: 
Point  Bought  Racial  Final
Costs  Values  Adjust  Scores
=====  ======  ======  ======
   1   STR  9    +1    STR 10
   9   DEX 15    +1    DEX 16
   3   CON 11    +1    CON 12
   4   INT 12    +1    INT 13
   5   WIS 13    +1    WIS 14
   5   CHA 13    +1    CHA 14

Quick details:
Size Medium; Speed 30; Alignment CG; Languages Common and Dwarvish
Hit Dice: 1d8 of 1d8
Hit Points: 9
AC 18 (<= Studded Leather gives 13, add DEX mod. of 3, +2 for Shield)

Melee Attack: Dagger: +5 to hit, 1d4 +3 damage
One-handed Ranged: Dart: +5 to hit, 1d4 +3 damage
Two-handed Ranged: Shortbow*: +5 to hit, 1d6 + 3 damage
* Eddicus will be wearing his shield most of the time while adventuring, but if he needs a longer shot than a dart can give him, it only takes an action to remove his shield.

Background: CRIMINAL (skills: Deception & Stealth; one type of gaming set; thieves' tools).
Bkgd. Feature: You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who connects you with other members of the underworld.
Class: CLERIC (skills: Insight & Persuasion; Lt. & Med. Armor; Shields; Simple weapons)
Saving Throws: WIS, CHA
Spellcasting:
Cantrips: Light, Mending, Sacred Flame
Prepared Slots: 3 (= WIS modifier of 2 + level of 1)
. . . Default list of spells prepared: Guiding Bolt, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
LIFE Domain Spells: Bless, Cure Wounds (both always prepared; bless requires concentration)
Casting Slots: 2 per day
Spell Save DC: 12 -- [Yes, it's weak; but he's planning on fighting with weapons for the most part, so that's largely alright.]

Personality: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. Also, I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them. (Knowledge is power, and Knowledge shared is knowledge multiplied.)
Bond: Rare and important books were taken from their worthy owners by force, and I aim to find a few of those books and return them to safety.
Flaw: I can sometimes turn tail and run when things look bad.

Worldly Goods: Starting Gold [rolled 5d4 to get 2-2-1-4-3] = 12 X 10 = 120 GP
Equipment:
• A Priest's Pack, consisting of backpack, blanket, 10 candles,
tinderbox, alms box, 2 blocks of incense, censer, vestments, 2 days of
rations, and a waterskin
• A holy emblem of Oghma
• Traveler's clothes
• Studded Leather Armor (AC = 13 + DEX modifier)
• Shield (+2 AC)
• Shortbow (1d6 piercing, range 80/320), with 2 quivers holding 20 arrows each
• 8 Darts (1d4 piercing, Finesse, thrown (range 20/60)) in another quiver
• Dagger (1d4 piercing, Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60))
• Healer's kit
• pouch containing coins equal in value to 3 GP, 1 SP
Trinket: [rolled #82: Half of a floorplan for a temple.]

Adventure connection: Eddicus had a dream showing a defiled altar to Oghma in an ancient ruin now called Cragmaw, and now dedicated to the goblins' deity Maglubiyet. Eddicus seeks to reconsecrate the altar to Oghma again. The visions also suggest that Sister Garaele (priest of Tymora) in Phandalin can help.

Last edited:

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Well, yes. I've not gotten responses from everyone though so I'm not sure at this point how many we really have.

I will keep an eye on the thread and if it is clear there is room for a fifth, I will jump in with one of the pregens, whichever one is left.

mips42

Adventurer
Last call

Anyone (other than mudbunny) still interested I need a reply with character (unless already posted) so I can either try to recruit more or declare this DOA.
Thanks.

Remove ads